An Agent or legal service agent

Digitarius

I am looking for someone reputable in Bangkok who can pick up and deliver documents for me to the MFA.  I have been to Thailand several times over the years and one of those times I married an Indonesian girl in Thailand and now we are divorced.  I must legalized the divorce which has occurred already. I cannot make it back to Thailand this year so I want to hire someone to do it for me.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.  The MFA told I can mail the documents with a money order included so I would someone reputable who I can send money to, to get the money order.  These have no monetary value at all and the money is only 300 baht.  Please help, thanks. 

Also where can someone purchase a money order or cashiers check in Bangkok, 7 eleven, post office????

If you are looking to get MFA to legalize some documents then possibly contact a translation service in Bangkok.  It's my understanding that an extra service some of them provide is the legalization at the MFA.  The advantage to doing it this way is that you would pay the translation service directly (via credit card, bank transfer, etc.) and that the translation service would handle the payment to MFA for the legalization.  Possibly the translation service would be willing to provide just the MFA legalization for you, or maybe you would also have to have them do the translation too.  Or perhaps there are companies that do the MFA legalization itself separate from translation.

Any of the large legal firms (Siam Legal etc) would act on your behalf, arrange documents, visit MFA, pay MFA on your behalf etc. Then just a matter of paying them via bank transfer, credit card.

@skatewash I did check with a few translation agents but they would not do it.  I am in this situation because I didn't find out until the I was on the plane leaving I had to do all this.   I was hoping to find an agent that could assist me since I cannot return now.  It's extremely important i get the done.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Digitarius said:

@Peterw42 I don't know any firms out there.  Can you name  a few and I'll check their prices, thanks.

The one I mentioned above, Siam legal, has offices all over Thailand and an international division. A google search brings up many, English websites and contacts

21 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The one I mentioned above, Siam legal, has offices all over Thailand and an international division. A google search brings up many, English websites and contacts

I can imagine what they charge for what I want done.  Not sure if such a large firm is really needed in this instance but, thanks for the reply.

47 minutes ago, Digitarius said:

@skatewash I did check with a few translation agents but they would not do it.  I am in this situation because I didn't find out until the I was on the plane leaving I had to do all this.   I was hoping to find an agent that could assist me since I cannot return now.  It's extremely important i get the done.  

I'm guessing you may have to pay for the translation services into Thai for the documents you want legalized (even if you have already done this) in order to get them (translation agents) to do the extra service of legalizing the documents at MFA (which is the thing you need done).  I'm guessing that what you pay for the translation that you may not want or need will be cheaper than going through a legal services firm.

https://www.firstchoicetranslation.com/en/legalization-service/

11 hours ago, skatewash said:

I'm guessing you may have to pay for the translation services into Thai for the documents you want legalized (even if you have already done this) in order to get them (translation agents) to do the extra service of legalizing the documents at MFA (which is the thing you need done).  I'm guessing that what you pay for the translation that you may not want or need will be cheaper than going through a legal services firm.

https://www.firstchoicetranslation.com/en/legalization-service/

yeah I had them translated already by a translator in  Bangkok but she would not legalize them for me as needed. I will email the link you sent and see what they charge but the thing is they have to mail the documents back to me and I hope they do that. Thanks. 

• Like 1