Drug Bust: 796 Kg Of Marihuana Confiscated

Jai Dee

Police confiscated 796 kg of marihuana

The Border Patrol Police Company 245 in Nong Khai province seized 796 kilograms of dried marihuana worth more than 22 million baht.

The police confiscated the narcotics this morning after an undercover agent reported about the drug smuggling in Nong Khai. The police later had to wait for the drug smugglers to show up before catching them unaware. 23 sacks of dried marihuana were found during the arrest.

The drugs were wrapped up in a foil and are considered to be grade-A marihuana.

The culprits confessed that they attempted to sell them to the southern region of Thailand and foreign counties.

In Thailand, a kilogram of marihuana can be sold for 2,500 baht while the price would elevate to 28,000 baht per kilogram in foreign countries.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 21 June 2007

The Border Patrol Police Company 245 in Nong Khai province seized 796 kilograms of dried marihuana worth more than 22 million baht.

The police confiscated the narcotics this morning after an undercover agent reported about the drug smuggling in Nong Khai. The police later had to wait for the drug smugglers to show up before catching them unaware. 23 sacks of dried marihuana were found during the arrest.

The culprits confessed that they attempted to sell them to the southern region of Thailand and foreign counties.

In Thailand, a kilogram of marihuana can be sold for 2,500 baht while the price would elevate to 28,000 baht per kilogram in foreign countries.

thats alot of dope, must have been a big truck,why not split it up and send it in different cars at different times ,wouldnt have lost it all that way :o

thats alot of dope, must have been a big truck,why not split it up and send it in different cars at different times ,wouldnt have lost it all that way :D

Or they could have found real jobs and not got arrested. :o

thats alot of dope, must have been a big truck,why not split it up and send it in different cars at different times ,wouldnt have lost it all that way :D

Or they could have found real jobs and not got arrested. :o

Quite true, but it would take quite some time to earn 22 million baht on 20-30 baht per hour :D

Is my calculator broken or is this "farang price" ?

I hope the catch the criminals soon.

Actually , if you read the report , they seem to have caught them already and obtained confessions.

:o

Sorry but drug pushers really make me mad. The people driving the truck were not the big time hard drug lords. :D

Not the kingpin? Here in my small village out in the boonies they did catch the kingpin. The police paid a visit to one of my near neighbors and busted him for growing the stuff. My wife always told me that the ###### neighbor has LOTS of friends that smoke ganja and to be careful not to irritate him and let him know that I think he is an ######. :o Once in a while good things happen here and this was one of them. The last two nights have been peaceful and quiet with no blasting music until VERY late.

Not the kingpin? Here in my small village out in the boonies they did catch the kingpin. The police paid a visit to one of my near neighbors and busted him for growing the stuff. My wife always told me that the ###### neighbor has LOTS of friends that smoke ganja and to be careful not to irritate him and let him know that I think he is an ######. :o Once in a while good things happen here and this was one of them. The last two nights have been peaceful and quiet with no blasting music until VERY late.

That's good to here. :D The good guys usually win in the end :D

Bt3.6 bn worth of drugs to be burnt on June 26

June 21, 2007 : Last updated 05:40 pm (Thai local time)

Relevant authorities will burn down illicit drugs worth Bt3.6billion on June 26, which is the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.

Deputy Public Health Minister Morakot Kornkasem Thursday said the illicit drug would be disposed through pyrolytic incineration in Ayutthaya.

"This will not harm the environment," he said.

wind direction here ............. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
It starts with a bit of "monkey baccy" and ends up with heroin. Barbra Bush was right; just say NO !

Absolutely true. And anyone who has ever had a bottle of beer or wine will definately end up as an alcoholic. No doubt about it at all. Its just a question of time. Don't believe me ? Ask any drunk . It all started with one drink. Bring back prohibition...shoot all the owners of breweries !!!! ( but not near where I live eh ) :o

"thats alot of dope, must have been a big truck,why not split it up and send it in different cars at different times ,wouldnt have lost it all that way"

It was one of ten cars, the other nine got through thank god! :o

"Or they could have found real jobs and not got arrested"

Drug smuggling is a full time occupation just ask Howard Marks!

"I hope the catch the criminals soon. "

Have you been smoking something?....Bud Big Good huh?....

"It starts with a bit of "monkey baccy" and ends up with heroin."

Yeah and it makes you rape and murder too eh?....there's always one!

"In Thailand, a kilogram of marihuana can be sold for 2,500 baht while the price would elevate to 28,000 baht per kilogram in foreign countries."

Thai stick is renowned the world over as very good quality bud and fetches far more than 28,000 baht in foreign countries!

I wonder where they came up with those figures. In Australia, even if it was average outdoor weed it would probably fetch around 135,000 baht wholesale. Grade A would fetch over 250,000 baht (possibly over 300,000).

thats alot of dope, must have been a big truck,why not split it up and send it in different cars at different times ,wouldnt have lost it all that way :o

Maybe they already had !!

It starts with a bit of "monkey baccy" and ends up with heroin. Barbra Bush was right; just say NO !

Absolutely true. And anyone who has ever had a bottle of beer or wine will definately end up as an alcoholic. No doubt about it at all. Its just a question of time. Don't believe me ? Ask any drunk . It all started with one drink. Bring back prohibition...shoot all the owners of breweries !!!! ( but not near where I live eh ) :D

no it is worse!!! It start's with mother's milk :D:o

Do you drink alcohol sir ?,. Are you an alcoholic ? ,.......i have a very good friend that smokes pot every day, never drinks, never touched any other drug,.hes 57, ill be sure to pass on your comments to keep him off the heroin , :o