Rejected at CW

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can have a statement emailed to you if using Bangkok Bank's mobile app. 

Select accounts and then the account you want the statement for and then click the 3 dots at the top of the page. You will then be able to select getting a statement.

Thanks Joe. Will CW accept a statement that I print out as opposed to an official bank stamped letter?

1 hour ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Unfortunately, I didn't go 2 weeks ago like I should have and my extension expires in 2 days.

sorry to hear waht happened to you... but i think there is no one to  blame from thai side... 

i hope you can solve the problem and get your visa and the extension soon

good luck... 

PS: did you tell BB about the situation and they can make it faster?

As UbonJoe wrote - the Bangkok Bank mobile phone App does have an option to request a historical statement and that is e-mailed within 5 mins (usually). However, the statement is not quite 12 months (even though the App states ‘you can request your statement history up to the past 12 months’).

i.e when requesting a statement today the earliest the e-mailed statement will start on is the 1st August-2021 and go up to the latest transaction (up to yesterday). 

So..  its not quite ticking the 12 months statement box....  I wonder if the box-checkers at ChaengWattana will be ok with this ’technical difference’.

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As UbonJoe wrote - the Bangkok Bank mobile phone App does have an option to request a historical statement and that is e-mailed within 5 mins (usually). However, the statement is not quite 12 months (even though the App states ‘you can request your statement history up to the past 12 months’).

i.e when requesting a statement today the earliest the e-mailed statement will start on is the 1st August-2021 and go up to the latest transaction (up to yesterday). 

So..  its not quite ticking the 12 months statement box....  I wonder if the box-checkers at ChaengWattana will be ok with this ’technical difference’.

I just noticed that and I'll go back to CW tomorrow and see if it works. Will update results tomorrow.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

sorry to hear waht happened to you... but i think there is no one to  blame from thai side... 

i hope you can solve the problem and get your visa and the extension soon

good luck... 

PS: did you tell BB about the situation and they can make it faster?

I was told at the branch where I opened the account (Sukhumvit 43) that even if I went to corporate headquarters here in Bangkok that they couldn't do it faster. Even asked if they could write that they couldn't produce the statement within 2 days but no luck.

good luck, this seems slightly stressful but it will 100% work out for sure.   It's a good time to have a minor issue, I think.   We've all been or almost been in your shoes, since you never know what can happen.   maybe buy that one week for 1900, or maybe try the COVID extension or maybe have them tell you how it can work.   good luck.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I did my extension 2 weeks ago. 

My turn came up with a sour TIO (Thai Immigration Officer)

Required paperwork included.:

A one year statement from Bkk Bank. Order a week earlier.

I also had updated my pass book after the 12 monthly deposits. 

She, the TIO, wanted copies of all pages plus the front page of all 3 pass books.

Was told that TI, or she, would only accept a statement printed by the bank. 

• Like 1

Bit off topic, but, If I send money to my Kbank account, using Wise, will it show as funds transferred from abroad?

I checked the box to indicated "to fund long term visa" or whatever it says, .....but it shows funds will arrive in seconds, ...not the next day at 2pm like Bangkok Bank.

I would like to try the one year statement from this bank if it is coded the way TI demands.

14 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

When I went to CW last year with my own printed out one year bank statement I was told its not accepted. Must be from the bank teller and costs 200THB inc their signature and rubber stamps. I use KBank and the bank gives a one year statement on the spot, not waiting 3-4 days palaver.

I print my own 12 month statement from my bank's (ttb) online banking site. I print it in colour and when I go to get my bank guarantee letter I ask them to stamp and sign the the most recent page, viz the month that I'm doing my extension. No issues at all with the bank about this, and accepted by Immigration.

• Like 2

I renewed my retirement visa extension at CW ast week and only had to produce a bank letter showing my balance dated a few days before. No need for a full yearly statement. This was for the 800,000 baht method. Although not explicitly stated as far as I can see, the OP is applying using the monthly pension income method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

If I send money to my Kbank account, using Wise, will it show as funds transferred from abroad?

Yes, if you choose the option...Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand. 

• Like 1

I have been in discussion with Wise before about this subject and even though you choose the option Funds for Long term stay in Thailand Wise told me they CANNOT guarantee the funds will show as an international transfer as they sometimes use a partner bank in Thailand.

I decided to try it using the correct option and sure enough the funds were in my account within minutes as thay had used a partner bank here, even though a chose the option Funds for Long Term stay in Thailand.

27 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes, if you choose the option...Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Bangkok Bank is not the good bank it used to be. I have experience a few minor things over the past two years, the latest being stopping me from using my latest debit card for topping up when using the BTS skytrain.

Think rules were changed regarding BTS top ups.

Last time I tried at Asoke BTS they wanted my passport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnOFphon said:

Bit off topic, but, If I send money to my Kbank account, using Wise, will it show as funds transferred from abroad?

I checked the box to indicated "to fund long term visa" or whatever it says, .....but it shows funds will arrive in seconds, ...not the next day at 2pm like Bangkok Bank.

I would like to try the one year statement from this bank if it is coded the way TI demands.

You only need proof the funds came from abroad if using the 65k baht income option proven by transfers into the country.

If using the 800k baht in the bank option it there is not requirement to prove they came from abroad for a extension of stay application.

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Last year at Chaeng Wattana, I merely provided a photocopy of my bank passbook for the past year. I thought I read of others doing the same? So photocopies no longer work?

Apparently the OP's bank book did not show all of the transactions for 12 months when applying for the extension.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I thought I read of others doing the same? So photocopies no longer work

The mistake some folk make is to not have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

If using account for various transactions the bank can "consolidate" some and in turn the io may demand bank statements.

I use money in bank method for extensions retirement at CW and only provide photocopies of bankbook pages. No statements required. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The mistake some folk make is to not have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

If using for various transactions the bank can "consolidate" some and in turn the io may demand bank statements.

I use money in bank method for extensions retirement at CW and only provide photocopies of bankbook pages. No statements required. 

Yes, that is what I have, too. It's a "locked" Bangkok Bank account. I can only access it in person. I must appear at a branch to remove any excess over 800,000 and place in my other regular Bangkok Bank account

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder if Thailand is the only country in the world where you need to show a passport to buy a train ticket. As you do to send a letter overseas - a couple of friends have experienced that, and I've read reports of it on here too.

It not unusual for some form of ID being needed to to do something in most countries. Try boarding a flight without a ID of some kind. Here Thais would have a ID card to show instead of a passport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I print my own 12 month statement from my bank's (ttb) online banking site. I print it in colour and when I go to get my bank guarantee letter I ask them to stamp and sign the the most recent page, viz the month that I'm doing my extension. No issues at all with the bank about this, and accepted by Immigration.

I tried this with KBank at CW, showed them my color prints of 12 months statements I made from online app, and was told the bank would not sign any of that. Only a statement made by them can be signed. Makes sense (if I think like a Thai) as its an extra 200THB service fee for them and no chance of a falsified online statement from me to be checked in detail.

I have since got a dedicated savings account for Immigration so will just use bank book copies in future approved with bank letter, with no need for statements.

Edited by Digitalbanana

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A strange response from such a highly respected contributor. Boarding a flight is very, very different to buying a ticket to go from Siam to Asoke. Or posting a letter. So my question remains. (and I know the BTS demand is or was linked to buying a stored value card. Still, my question remains.)

Not sure why you think it is strange. I have been in many countries that required a ID for many things.

Here it is passport instead of a ID card that Thais have. If you had a Thai drivers license that would probably be accepted in some cases.

Also you wrote to buy a train ticket. It seems you are writing about getting a ticket for the BTS or MRT.

I have seen Thias having to show their ID card for a train ticket.

• Like 2