Bangkok school suspends on-site classes after 910 students get COVID-19

webfact

image.jpeg

The Triam Udom Suksa Pattanakarn School in Bangkok has announced the suspension of on-site classes from July 25th to 27th and from August 1st to the 5th after 910 of its students became infected with COVID-19.

According to the school’s director, Jintana Srisarakham, who issued the announcement yesterday (Tuesday), the figure of 910 cases is the accumulated total as of Monday. She did not, however, reveal when infections in the school started.

On-line teaching will be provided during the two periods of on-site class suspension. This Friday, the school will carry out a complete disinfection.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-school-suspends-on-site-classes-after-910-students-get-covid-19/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

43 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I hope all those kids had their vaccines and booster shot so it will just be like a bad cold or flu.

Do you have connected data on deaths of students with and without vaccine shots and boosters ? Think they would be about the same for this age group

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Crazy.  I thought we'd got beyond this.  Once again, education is deemed unimportant.

Too difficult to get them off the gravy train. I am guessing they will try to milk this until the next big thing arrives.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Do you have connected data on deaths of students with and without vaccine shots and boosters ? Think they would be about the same for this age group

I am not a person trained in science so it would not help if I had data - so I dont read research papers - you need a very good understanding of statistics as a minimum to understand research papers.

If we are to go with general news reports, kids get less sick compared to adults, but some kids get sick and some die. 

Also kids that get sick even if they get better very quickly spread COVID to at risk groups their grandparents etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The Triam Udom Suksa Pattanakarn School in Bangkok has announced the suspension of on-site classes from July 25th to 27th and from August 1st to the 5th after 910 of its students became infected with COVID-19.

Precautions not working in class?

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

without accurate tests and recording we will never know ..  denial ...

On 7/21/2022 at 6:16 AM, hotchilli said:

Precautions not working in class?

Difficult to get adults to be safe - very, very difficult to get kids to be safe...

Even with modern ventilation systems it is hard to be safe. I think a number of private schools in Thailand have modern ventilation systems but still have some COVID.

17 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

was any of the children really sick or was the actions taken purely because the teachers wanted to stay home?

I doubt it was because the teachers wanted to stay home and when children have COVID it is a serious problem for grandparents and other high risk people near them and there are lots of elderly and high risk people in this world... But I suspect taht you already know this...

19 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I doubt it was because the teachers wanted to stay home and when children have COVID it is a serious problem for grandparents and other high risk people near them and there are lots of elderly and high risk people in this world... But I suspect taht you already know this...

I suggest you try entering the world world. Yes for old and vulnerable people it is dangerous but that I am positive is not the real reason for the closures

6 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I suggest you try entering the world world. Yes for old and vulnerable people it is dangerous but that I am positive is not the real reason for the closures

You may want to be be less cynical but if it makes you happy carry on - do you have experience as a teacher - do you have lots of teachers as friends and family? Note - I do hence my comment.

Most teachers are dedicated and care about their students and often spend their own money for classroom supplies. This is a fact that I have observed over many years. There are a few teachers who made a mistake being teachers and are not happy to be in their jobs; and not only may dream of a few extra days off but of a whole new life - but they are not the majority.

17 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

You may want to be be less cynical but if it makes you happy carry on - do you have experience as a teacher - do you have lots of teachers as friends and family? Note - I do hence my comment.

Most teachers are dedicated and care about their students and often spend their own money for classroom supplies. This is a fact that I have observed over many years. There are a few teachers who made a mistake being teachers and are not happy to be in their jobs; and not only may dream of a few extra days off but of a whole new life - but they are not the majority.

You may wish to enter reality