Trump did nothing to stop his supporters as they attacked Congress, threatened Pence, witnesses tell Jan. 6 committee

Scott

Trump did nothing to stop his supporters as they attacked Congress, threatened Pence, witnesses tell Jan. 6 committee

image.png

The Jan. 6 select committee’s latest public hearing went inside the White House to detail then-President Donald Trump’s hours long refusal to call for an end to the Capitol riot.

The hearing marks the final scheduled presentation of the committee’s initial findings from its investigation of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection until September.

The nine-member committee, which is comprised of seven Democrats and two Republicans, has accused Trump of being at the center of a multi-pronged conspiracy to overturn his loss to Biden in the 2020 contest.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/21/jan-6-committee-hearing-live-coverage-and-latest-updates-day-8.html

CNBC | NBCUniversal TogetherNBCUniversal Together

Live updates: Jan. 6 panel says Trump chose not to act during Capitol attack

ap22203070540414_wide-36f6a068b6be6a7a7f

A video of President Donald Trump recording a statement in the Rose Garden of the White House on Jan. 6 is played as the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol holds a hearing at the Capitol in Washington on Thursday.

Patrick Semansky/AP

The Jan. 6 committee held a prime-time hearing on Thursday — the last of its planned summertime hearings.

It focused on the more than 3 hours between when former President Donald Trump's Ellipse speech on Jan. 6 ended and when his prerecorded video asking protesters to go home posted to Twitter later that afternoon.

5 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Don't forget traitor. This is what he swore to do when entering office:

" I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

He betrayed that oath in the most fundamental and despicable manner.  Shame on him and those that still support him.

Oops! Sorry, I forgot traitor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not enough of them. He still has the majority of his cult followers. He's a traitor, but he's their traitor. Not really of course, It's always been about him and only him. So Houston we have a problem. When he's indicted he will weaponize his well armed militias to a degree that will make January 6 look like a garden party.

I tend to agree. In my mind I think; To try to avoid this distinct possibility through appeasement and some mental gymnastics to justify avoidance of such open conflict with the traitorous, secessionist, fascist/racist elements within the country and thus deny execution of the Law to the letter without fear or favour would be a catastrophic decision and only serve to delay the inevitable.  

Just now, Mansell said:

This is what happens when you elect a sociopath. They have no conscience or guilt, and only care about one person….themselves.

They will lie about anything to anybody.

My brother was a sociopath, and he was recruited by MI5. Why? Because he would do anything they wanted, including killing people.

And that type of person lead the USA. We are lucky he didn’t get us into a war. Putin is another sociopath….doesn’t care about anybody, and that is why he was a perfect KGB operative. And he has got them into a war. Also why he threatens the West if they physically interfere in his war. He would have no problem going nuclear, only his military could stop him.

Boris Johnson in Britain too - even to the point of being a KGB operative.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, candide said:

These hearings just confirmed what we already knew: Trump is a loser, a liar and a cheat!

Liar & cheat ... maybe

Loser ... billionaire with wife 20+ yrs younger ... If that's a loser, sign me up ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, candide said:

They got most of these witnesses from the Republican party. And a large number of them appointed by Trump.

Isn't it funny how eventually the most fervent supporters or should I say enablers of trump remember so much when out of office. Mick mulvaney.bill Barr.john Bolton. Only one I ever remember calling him a <deleted> was rex tillerson. The likes of nikki halley who never saw or heard trump lie. Is playing the long game to run for president ( I assume after she gets a new hearing aid)

• Like 1