Trump did nothing to stop his supporters as they attacked Congress, threatened Pence, witnesses tell Jan. 6 committee

Scott

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I tend to agree. In my mind I think; To try to avoid this distinct possibility through appeasement and some mental gymnastics to justify avoidance of such open conflict with the traitorous, secessionist, fascist/racist elements within the country and thus deny execution of the Law to the letter without fear or favour would be a catastrophic decision and only serve to delay the inevitable.  

Absolutely.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The former president's sycophants doted on every word he spewed. All he had to do was send a tweet (he wasn't banned for life from Twitter at that time) for them to stop and they would have. You MUST know that, and trying to bring up riots is a diversion/red herring.

Yes I know that the words of Obama were so much more comforting and subduing.  Certainly no call for conflict or violence in these. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/campaigns/40703-obama-on-gop-if-they-bring-a-knife-to-the-fight-we-bring-a-gun/

image.png

• Like 1

Fortunately, these latest revelations seem to be affecting the support of even many of his die hard supporters. His numbers are dropping daily, and his fund raising is tanking too. 

Unfortunately, the US is so dysfunctional at this point in time, the chances of an effective leader being elected anytime soon are remote at best. And congress and the senate are irreparably broken and ineffective too.

It is a nation in significant decline. On so many levels. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Liar & cheat ... maybe

Loser ... billionaire with wife 20+ yrs younger ... If that's a loser, sign me up ????

Well, at least he lost elections by large.

Not sure about his wealth. From the available information, he lost money with his undertakings and made money on TV. So only 50% loser on this dimension. ????

Edited by candide

9 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And when did Trump lead that assault.  Its funny.  Liberals are such wordsmiths.  When it is a cause they are for. They rioters burning, looting, and vandalizing are "mostly peaceful protestors"   When people gather to go to the capital, don't burn, loot, or vandalize they are assaulting the capital and insurrectionists. 

Since Trump even announced running this is part of a concerted effort to drum up some pretense to try and smear his reputation.  You had the  Russian Collusion bought and paid for by the DNC and Hillary Clinton, you had the Stormy Daniels smear though the attorney for her is currently in jail, you had the Ukraine abuse of power, though Biden openly bragged about a quid pro quo witholding aid, and most recently the capital charade. 

It is a tactic called for by Saul Alinksy, you attack and keep attacking never let your opponent take the offensive.  You tell a lie, make it a big lie and keep repeating it.  It does not matter that later it is disproven because a certain number of people will only hear the smear never the retraction. 

"When people gather to go to the capital, don't burn, loot, or vandalize they are assaulting the capital and insurrectionists."

Excuse me, are you sure they didn't loot and vandalize? Because the images and videos shown paint a very different reality to yours, just because they didn't also burn the place down does not mean they were not insurrectionists

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And when did Trump lead that assault.  Its funny.  Liberals are such wordsmiths.  When it is a cause they are for. They rioters burning, looting, and vandalizing are "mostly peaceful protestors"   When people gather to go to the capital, don't burn, loot, or vandalize they are assaulting the capital and insurrectionists. 

Since Trump even announced running this is part of a concerted effort to drum up some pretense to try and smear his reputation.  You had the  Russian Collusion bought and paid for by the DNC and Hillary Clinton, you had the Stormy Daniels smear though the attorney for her is currently in jail, you had the Ukraine abuse of power, though Biden openly bragged about a quid pro quo witholding aid, and most recently the capital charade. 

It is a tactic called for by Saul Alinksy, you attack and keep attacking never let your opponent take the offensive.  You tell a lie, make it a big lie and keep repeating it.  It does not matter that later it is disproven because a certain number of people will only hear the smear never the retraction. 

He lead it on January 6.

But there really is no point, anyone who says trump couldn't help it and Obama was calling for violence has lost all perspective, as I pointed out earlier.

You're correct with your quote, that is exactly Trump's tactic.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Excuse me, are you sure they didn't loot and vandalize? Because the images and videos shown paint a very different reality to yours, just because they didn't also burn the place down does not mean they were not insurrectionists

No and just because they gathered at the capital does not make them insurrectionists.  The constitution guarantees freedom of assembly.  

Further even if they were as you describe.  Trump did not call for them, he was not there leading them, cheering them on.  I suggest you look at videos of Democrats such as Maxine Waters encouraging people to confront opponents wherever they are.  The recent condoning of the attacks on the Supreme Court members is far more insurrectionist.  

Edited by Longwood50
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Just stop it with the cynical diversionary games. Obama's campaign rhetoric has absolutely nothing to do with the January 6 violent coup attempt to illegally keep trump in power.

Coup attempt does not describe the events with folks with sticks. The millions of guns available and these guys came with sticks and cel phones. All these false characterizations are getting old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Longwood50 said:

No and just because they gathered at the capital does not make them insurrectionists. 

They didn't just gather at the capitol though did they, you know exactly what they did when smashing windows and assaulting police to break in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They didn't just gather at the capitol though did they, you know exactly what they did when smashing windows and assaulting police to break in.

That's the problem, he'll deny any assault or vandalizing because in his mind that didn't happen.

Reality and facts are irrelevant to many. They have there own facts and absolutely nothing can change their minds.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Clearly nothing to those reports of rioters posing a danger. That's why Secret Service agents were so relaxed about them.  Oh wait a minute...

Mike Pence’s Secret Service Agents Thought They Might Not Survive Jan. 6

https://time.com/6199590/mike-pence-secret-service-jan-6-hearings/

What you say doesn't take anything away from my point. If this was a bonafide coup as it's being described, why were there no firearms used? 

Next question, how many more meetings till this 1/6 ends?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

This is getting so old.

It's time to move on.  There so much more that's going on. 

Tit for tat between the two parties sucks.

They both s**k. 

Yeah, who cares about an insurrection or a president refusing to protect the chosen representatives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What you say doesn't take anything away from my point. If this was a bonafide coup as it's being described, why were there no firearms used? 

Next question, how many more meetings till this 1/6 ends?

See my reply to Longwood.

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

Not diversionary,  I am merely pointing out that somehow it is only Trump that is pointed to for inciting.  Yet his "crime" was that he did or said nothing to encourage it.  Obama by contrast was openly calling for people to get in other peoples face and even to the extent of using the term if they bring a knife we bring a gun.  In other words escalate the level of violence and somehow he escapes criticism.  

There was no similar violent event that you can point to as a result of Obama's speech.

The great Philly riot! I remember it well! Not.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And the zip ties some carried, the kind used by law enforcement officials in lieu of handcuffs, were they going to be used to tie up bags carrying "souvenirs" from Congressional offices?

• Like 2