Paying to see the rock stars in Thailand could be risky

webfact

4 hours ago, DBath said:

I wonder if Elvis plans on doing a show in Bangkok.  I heard he was seen recently in Memphis, but I’ve not been able to confirm it. ????????????

Apparently walking through the gates?

7 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Better just stay home and hide then 

Or just stream there music at home with friends.

I never saw the enjoyment of seeing concert's in packed arena's. 

To each his own. 

• Confused 1

What a pointless article!

If a band cancels a gig, the punter gets his/ her ticket money refunded.

Bands and promoters take out insurance against such cancellations, and the cost of this in the current climate is one reason for the high ticket prices.

I remember when Bangkok was a cheaper place to watch gigs. Not any more it seems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

Instead of retiring these mega brands they seem to slowly replace musicians until the logo is the last remaining member of the band ????  

That's been going on for 60 years or more.

1940's big bands used to tour long after the big name bandleader had passed away.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, peterfranks said:

I rather put a record on the turntable, and look at the picture on the cover for my memories, instead of seeing some old men performing karaoke on stage

I agree - I watched Paul McCartney at Glastonbury (on TV) and was saddened to hear him attempt to perform some of the great Beatles songs that he co-wrote. I love PM but he just doesn't have the vocal range he had in his youth.  The audience seemed not to mind so maybe it's just me?

5 hours ago, Spock said:

Who are Maroon 5 that they can charge 12000 baht to stand in a stadium? Never heard of them.

I hadn't either, but apparently they are huge in the States. They do a wonderful track called "Memories" which "turned me on" to them - by the way - I'm 76! P.S. From Wikipedia:- Maroon 5 has sold more than 135 million records, making them one of the world's best-selling music artists.[7]

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2