Paying to see the rock stars in Thailand could be risky

webfact

Many of us simply do not understand the willingness to part with crazy money to see a show, in a crowded environment, and questionable acoustics. I was reading about the latest Bruce Springsteen tour in the US. Tickets cost up to $6000. One has to be either cavalier about money, or somehow desperate for fulfillment to pay that kind of money for a show. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peterfranks said:

I rather put a record on the turntable, and look at the picture on the cover for my memories, instead of seeing some old men performing karaoke on stage

As much as it hurts to admit it: but you're unfortunately right. ????

47 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Many of us simply do not understand the willingness to part with crazy money to see a show, in a crowded environment, and questionable acoustics. I was reading about the latest Bruce Springsteen tour in the US. Tickets cost up to $6000. One has to be either cavalier about money, or somehow desperate for fulfillment to pay that kind of money for a show. 

Although there are also tickets available for $100 for Bruce on the USA tour

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I paid £100 to watch the Eagles last month and 2 weeks before that I paid £110 to watch the Rolling Stones. I'd hardly call that "crazy money".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sambum said:

"Some think it is a miracle Keith Richards can actually still play a full set!!"

Apparently, a few years ago Keith was being interviewed, and he said "A few doctors have told me  that if I carried on with my lifestyle, I would be dead in 6 months. I've been to all their funerals!" ????

For those of you who can get on BBC iPlayer My Life as a Rolling Stone features Mick, Keith, Ronnie and my hero, the late Charlie telling their own stories.

23 hours ago, sambum said:

"Some think it is a miracle Keith Richards can actually still play a full set!!"

Apparently, a few years ago Keith was being interviewed, and he said "A few doctors have told me  that if I carried on with my lifestyle, I would be dead in 6 months. I've been to all their funerals!" ????

For those of you who can get on BBC iPlayer My Life as a Rolling Stone    features Mick, Keith, Ronnie and my hero, the late Charlie telling their own stories.

Edited by VBF