Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Doing something that's idiotic doesn't necessarily mean you're an idiot. I thought that was clear to all but I see you're particularly sensitive.

Might it be because many Brexiteers deep down start to realize that Brexit was a huge mistake?

I have a few Brit friends and acquaintances and of those who voted to leave one has completely turned around and said it was a mistake while the rest are much more subdued on the subject and don't really want to talk about it. Makes you wonder.

Its over .

We are no longer together .

We have split up . 

The divorce is finalised .

We are living separate lives now 

I have moved one 

You really need to move on as well .

We were together for a long time , but it didn't quite work out 

I am enjoying the single life and I don't want to be in a relationship again , accept that its over and move on 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, onthedarkside said:

The long queues came despite all 10 French passport control booths being fully manned at the port, in contrast to Friday, when only four appeared to be operational.

Ten passport control booths doesn't seem nowhere near enough to handle the amount of people travelling to France.

I don't know if these are on the UK or the French side, but surely, Brexit or no Brexit, it benefits the French to get the tourists in happy, and spending their money.

Make it too difficult and next year they might go elsewhere.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Doing something that's idiotic doesn't necessarily mean you're an idiot. I thought that was clear to all but I see you're particularly sensitive.

Might it be because many Brexiteers deep down start to realize that Brexit was a huge mistake?

I have a few Brit friends and acquaintances and of those who voted to leave one has completely turned around and said it was a mistake while the rest are much more subdued on the subject and don't really want to talk about it. Makes you wonder.

So you are from Texas after all?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because that’s the future.

The predominantly old people who voted for Brexit aren’t going to be around much longer.

At the very least there are sound economic reasons for the UK rejoining the Customs Union.

Well we're all getting older but some songs remain the same. Never give up Chomper.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Ten passport control booths doesn't seem nowhere near enough to handle the amount of people travelling to France.

I don't know if these are on the UK or the French side, but surely, Brexit or no Brexit, it benefits the French to get the tourists in happy, and spending their money.

The way the UK is behaving towards the EU, I have a feeling the French response would be 'Good riddance. They are nothing but troublemakers anyway.'

Edited by baboon
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The predominantly old people who voted for Brexit aren’t going to be around much longer.

Remainers have been using that nasty unpleasant taunt for years now , been saying that  for the last six years . Celebrating the fact that people will die 

Just when will these people by dying though?

You've been saying it for six years now 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not celebrating anything, nor am I taunting.

I’m pointing out a fact, Brexit was predominantly voted for by old people.

In the past six years very many of these Brexit voters are no longer with us.

And some younger people , like Liz Truss for example  moved from the Remain side to the Brexit side , younger people often change their Political outlook as they get older .

Like youngsters wearing Che Gue vara T-shirts and  stop wearing them when they grow up 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

24 minutes ago, phetphet said:

They're next to the portaloos.

27 minutes ago, phetphet said:

The French seem to being doing it out of spite . 

Deliberately being understaffed at the PP control booths to cause delays , punishing Brits for leaving the E.U 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not celebrating anything, nor am I taunting.

I’m pointing out a fact, Brexit was predominantly voted for by old people.

In the past six years very many of these Brexit voters are no longer with us.

In another six years plenty of Remainers will have seen the error of their ways and Remainer lies. There still wouldn't be a majority to rejoin.

In another six years after that the EU will have collapsed anyway, there will be nothing for the remaining diehard Rejoiners to rejoin.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, baboon said:

The way the UK is behaving towards the EU, I have a feeling the French response would be 'Good riddance. They are nothing but troublemakers anyway.'

UK was France's second largest number of tourists in 2018 at 13,000,000.

Only 3 or 4 million French to UK.

And UK was No.1 in 2019 for number of nights spent in France 19,800,000.

That's a lot of money to say good riddance to over sour grapes.

Of course, plenty of rich Chinese tourists shopping in Paris, and Russian oligarchs on the Côte d'Azur this year. ????

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

In another six years plenty of Remainers will have seen the error of their ways and Remainer lies. There still wouldn't be a majority to rejoin.

In another six years after that the EU will have collapsed anyway, there will be nothing for the remaining diehard Rejoiners to rejoin.

I guess the abysmal economy, shortages in shops, businesses shipping their operations to the EU and the absence of the promised ‘post Brexit green and sunny pastures’ might swing it for you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

UK was France's second largest number of tourists in 2018 at 13,000,000.

Only 3 or 4 million French to UK.

And UK was No.1 in 2019 for number of nights spent in France 19,800,000.

That's a lot of money to say good riddance to over sour grapes.

The Brits who go on holiday to France, many of whom have property there, are not going to stop going to a part of the world they are so fond of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Yes, the freedoms to be poorer and queue for hours at Passport Control are precious indeed and should be cherished....

But we are not queuing for hours at Passport Control. There are 66 million of us still here in the UK, beginning to enjoy the fruits of freedom from the EU. If a few europhiles are so desperate to all leave for France at the same time, more fool them. They should know what the French are like, especially at their holiday time too. Are there any air traffic control strike planned next month? 

In the whole scheme of Brexit a few hours delay at Dover is nothing important. We don't care.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If there was a Russian Nuclear submarine sailing in French waters , would the French navy be able to do anything to stop them ?

https://www.forces.net/news/hms-mersey-tracks-russian-submarine-through-english-channel

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-russian-spy-ship-can-24971484

What's your point?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I guess the abysmal economy, shortages in shops, businesses shipping their operations to the EU and the absence of the promised ‘post Brexit green and sunny pastures’ might swing it for you.

Nope, not even slightly. You really should not get your observations of life in the UK from the Garuniad,, it's not true you know.

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

But we are not queuing for hours at Passport Control. There are 66 million of us still here in the UK, beginning to enjoy the fruits of freedom from the EU. If a few europhiles are so desperate to all leave for France at the same time, more fool them. They should know what the French are like, especially at their holiday time too. Are there any air traffic control strike planned next month? 

In the whole scheme of Brexit a few hours delay at Dover is nothing important. We don't care.

Beginning to enjoy? What exactly are you beginning to enjoy? It's already years since.

Sad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Nope, not even slightly. You really should not get your observations of life in the UK from the Garuniad,, it's not true you know.

You really should stop attempting to gaslight the readers here. There are most certainly empty shelves and shortages of goods in the supermarkets.

Would you like picture proof or are you still living in Brexit fantasy?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The French seem to being doing it out of spite . 

Deliberately being understaffed at the PP control booths to cause delays , punishing Brits for leaving the E.U 

And what gives you that impression? Seems more telling of your opinion than of reality.