Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Except for the fact that a reunion at some point is inevitable.

Its not "inevitable" at all , yes there's a possibility , but that it would be very unlikely in the foreseeable future , extremely unlikely within the next 20 years or so 

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

But we are not queuing for hours at Passport Control. There are 66 million of us still here in the UK, beginning to enjoy the fruits of freedom from the EU. If a few europhiles are so desperate to all leave for France at the same time, more fool them. They should know what the French are like, especially at their holiday time too. Are there any air traffic control strike planned next month? 

In the whole scheme of Brexit a few hours delay at Dover is nothing important. We don't care.

Speak for yourself. I care.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Brits who go on holiday to France, many of whom have property there, are not going to stop going to a part of the world they are so fond of.

Pre-pandemic, I holidayed in France almost every year for over twenty years. This year was left out because of continued travel problems and exorbitant flight costs.

But even if I was back in the UK, I wouldn't bother going if faced with all the current travel obstacles and uncertainty.

Apart from the increased bureaucracy. Many of those home owners are now limited on the number of days/year they can spend in France.

Just now, stevenl said:

And what gives you that impression? Seems more telling of your opinion than of reality.

No, from quotes by the French Government 

"But French Transport Minister Clement Beaune hit back, saying France was not responsible for the additional border checks brought on by Brexit."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62281443

15 minutes ago, phetphet said:

UK was France's second largest number of tourists in 2018 at 13,000,000.

Only 3 or 4 million French to UK.

And UK was No.1 in 2019 for number of nights spent in France 19,800,000.

That's a lot of money to say good riddance to over sour grapes.

Of course, plenty of rich Chinese tourists shopping in Paris, and Russian oligarchs on the Côte d'Azur this year. ????

You'd have thought the French tourist board would have some sort of campaign to their own public and service sectors: "Be nicer to Les Rosbifs, they are pain et buerre for some of us." 

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

But we are not queuing for hours at Passport Control. There are 66 million of us still here in the UK, beginning to enjoy the fruits of freedom from the EU. If a few europhiles are so desperate to all leave for France at the same time, more fool them. They should know what the French are like, especially at their holiday time too. Are there any air traffic control strike planned next month? 

In the whole scheme of Brexit a few hours delay at Dover is nothing important. We don't care.

You need to be a bit more specific.

What has Brexit delivered to these 66 million people for them to enjoy?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You really should stop attempting to gaslight the readers here. There are most certainly empty shelves and shortages of goods in the supermarkets.

Would you like picture proof or are you still living in Brexit fantasy?

Don't bother trying yet another Garuniad link to doom and gloom. If I wanted leftist fiction I'd try Pravda. Supermarket shelves get emptied as people buy stuff, then they get replenished. Strange but true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K left the E.U on 30 th January 2020

Quote from one of your brethren.

"Brexit was NOT in 2016. Its a long drawn out process that started in 2019, then interrupted by covid and will take at least 5 more years."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Then why are brexiteers so vehemently claiming these waiting times are unrelated to Brexit. After all, we don't care. 

But glad to see at least someone is admitting it is Brexit related.

They're only related to French sheer bloodymindedness and incompetence. 

12 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You really should stop attempting to gaslight the readers here. There are most certainly empty shelves and shortages of goods in the supermarkets.

Would you like picture proof or are you still living in Brexit fantasy?

There are empty shelves in supermarkets in many Counties .

Here in Canada for example , empty shelves in supermarkets .

Its a World problem caused by Covid and Ukraine 

https://globalnews.ca/news/8532207/canada-grocery-stores-food-supply-prices/

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Don't bother trying yet another Garuniad link to doom and gloom. If I wanted leftist fiction I'd try Pravda. Supermarket shelves get emptied as people buy stuff, then they get replenished. Strange but true.

No need for a link; these are personal pics. Hardly any goods on shelves and they weren't replenished whilst in the supermarket; so more useless remarks.

Really quite sad that is the best spin you can put on Brexit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Opinion polls are pretty clear that the same referendum held today would fail. Links to these polls have been posted here several times.

Polls mean nowt. The same polls showed that we were going to all vote Remain at the referendum. You'll probably find some that say Starmer will be next PM too.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Quote from one of your brethren.

"Brexit was NOT in 2016. Its a long drawn out process that started in 2019, then interrupted by covid and will take at least 5 more years."

Maybe he was referring to the full effects and benefits of Brexit ?

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

No need for a link; these are personal pics. Hardly any goods on shelves and they weren't replenished whilst in the supermarket; so more useless remarks.

Really quite sad that is the best spin you can put on Brexit.

Not nearly as sad as somebody taking pictures of empty supermarket shelves. You should take up another more interesting hobby. Ever tried trainspotting?

1 hour ago, baboon said:

"That's lefty rubbish, and a PP queue is of no importance to me, as we have all been in one at one time or another."

Typical Boomer. 'A PP queue is of no importance to ME and ME is all that matters. Screw anybody else.'

If that's how you read my reply, that's up to you, Bab's...........????