Udon Thani                             6

Nong Khai                               5

Phitsanulok                            3

Sukhothai                               3

Lopburi

Khorat

Nakhon Sawan

Chiang Mai                        9

and... @Iamfalang.... where do you live....?

Just now, jastheace said:

and... @Iamfalang.... where do you live....?

ZERO percent chance I'll answer that.....................lol.   Nowhere near the cities I've rated low; biggest hint I can offer.   Wouldn't be in CM this time of the year, nope.......

But I'll talk about any of those cities or other ones I've been to.   The big question is, "How long do you plan to stay?"  That definitely could affect my ratings.    

• Like 1

Just now, Iamfalang said:

ZERO percent chance I'll answer that.....................lol.   Nowhere near the cities I've rated low; biggest hint I can offer.   Wouldn't be in CM this time of the year, nope.......

But I'll talk about any of those cities or other ones I've been to.   The big question is, "How long do you plan to stay?"  That definitely could affect my ratings.    

3 to 7 days

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

3 to 7 days

if you've exhausted BKK and surrounding areas, then KK for 3 and Udon for 3.   The people in KK seemed nicer, girls less "used", and expats friendlier.  IMO.     Never been to UBON, but gut feeling says boring; however, possibly nice and relaxing if you stay for months.  Phitsanulok and Sukhothai......hot and hot and nothing good there, except very attractive college girls in Phit.  Nong Khai for one or two nights, sure.  different, fun.   Muk?  no clue.   Lopburi, never heard anything good about it. 

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

if you've exhausted BKK and surrounding areas, then KK for 3 and Udon for 3.   The people in KK seemed nicer, girls less "used", and expats friendlier.  IMO.     Never been to UBON, but gut feeling says boring; however, possibly nice and relaxing if you stay for months.  Phitsanulok and Sukhothai......hot and hot and nothing good there, except very attractive college girls in Phit.  Nong Khai for one or two nights, sure.  different, fun.   Muk?  no clue.   Lopburi, never heard anything good about it. 

Lopburi has beautiful ruins, fascinating monkeys and great historic festivals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nong Khai is a beautiful Riverside town and like all border towns has a special mystique.

I do agree, and definitely the only city on the list that has the potential to be a 10.   Maybe not if you stay there for years, but short term for sure.   CM is just super solid, but that "mystique" wears off after years.   NK might be a good start.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Thanks

Nk, kk, udon looks the go. Fly cm.

That was my gut.

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The question is way too vague, what one person rates 1 another could rate 9 based on what they like.

One mans food is anothers poison.

But im looking for opinions. I will average them. Like hotels. Avg score works.

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Looking for helpful advice

mate stop looking for handouts, get out there yourself and have a go! 

seriously, I got nothing. I'm a Bangkok boy now and you won't get me out in the sticks for any money. will maybe a couple BTC. stop by Patpong 2 on yer way to the boonies and I'll shout you a couple Beer Chaaaang ????

ps. I liked Chiang Rai, Ubol Rat and Nong Khai on previous visits. Chiang Rai is near the Kok river which always makes me chuckle.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

One mans food is anothers poison.

lol.   He'll come back and say, "falang why a 3?, it was the best ever!!!"  I'll say, "They don't have the five-headed frogs I collect at 2 a.m. down by the river!!!"  Oh yea, sure they have A-Z, but not the three-headed dart frog!!!!  lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I do agree, and definitely the only city on the list that has the potential to be a 10.   Maybe not if you stay there for years, but short term for sure.   CM is just super solid, but that "mystique" wears off after years.   NK might be a good start.  

Massages and riverside beers

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

seriously, I got nothing. I'm a Bangkok boy now and you won't get me out in the sticks for any money. will maybe a couple BTC. stop by Patpong 2 on yer way to the boonies and I'll shout you a couple Beer Chaaaang ????

ps. I liked Chiang Rai, Ubol Rat and Nong Khai on previous visits. Chiang Rai is near the Kok river which always makes me chuckle.

I dont want to visit 10 places. 

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Does Bangkok make u laugh?

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Massages and riverside beers

Udon definitely has massages.   Let's say I've been to 10 of them.   I do think they are better in CM, but I like massages from smaller towns.     NK, never got a massage but I would like one there.    KK, not as many as Udon but I like it when they don't see as many falangs.  Unless it's BKK, then I understand and I don't worry about if they see falangs.  they see millions, I deal with it.   

Revised list:

1.  NK (One night, if fun then 2)

2.  Udon (One)

3.  KK (One, and then pick between KK and Udon).

4.  Fly to CM, if possible.    

CR I've been many times, never stayed more than a night .  There is a massage scene there that likely sees less falangs than CM, which means I would really like to go there.   

Revised:

5.  Fly to CR (one night), then go to CM on bus.    lol.  

Edited by Iamfalang

6 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

lol.  OK, I'll emphasize I've never been to Lop and maybe it's the greatest place in the Universe.  

I have been there several  times but uour comment regarding 'the greatest place in the universe' could be construed as unhelpful and unnecessary. What do you think is the purpose of your comment?