Onward flight?

Next month I hope to be coming back to Thailand; entering on visa exempt, due to near impossibility of getting a Non O from RTE London.  (so many conditions and requirement)

I believe that once in LOS on visa exempt, I will be able to convert this to a Non O at my local I/O, Phayao, nd then move on to what I actually want; a Non O retirement extension for 12 months.  Before thi visit to UK I have been living in Phayao for years on retirement extensions with no problems.

I have two questions:

Will there be any difficulty in getting on my TG flight at LHR with only a 1 way ticket?   Anyone with actual recent experience of doing this?

Will it still be possible to change to a Non O and on to retirement when I get to Phayao?  I have seen postings here that say it is easy, and I think I have done this once before

Airline may require onward flight within 30 days.

Throw away ticket or rent a ticket from companies such as onwardflight will cover you.

Regarding obtaining non O in Thailand yes no problem.

Do you have Thai bank account 

Edited by DrJack54

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Airline may require onward flight within 30 days.

Throw away ticket or rent a ticket from companies such as onwardflight will cover you.

Regarding obtaining non O in Thailand yes no problem.

Do you have Thai bank account 

The site onwardflights.com has been "suspended" (not a good sign). Which site would you recommend? Some sites (eg onward.flights) label themselves "onward ticket generator" (not a good sign either if you ask me). We don't really want to print out some kind of fake ticket do we?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackGats said:

The site onwardflights.com has been "suspended" (not a good sign). Which site would you recommend? Some sites (eg onward.flights) label themselves "onward ticket generator" (not a good sign either if you ask me). We don't really want to print out some kind of fake ticket do we?

Recent reports of no issue using "rent a ticket" sites.

Just as added info I just today booked flight to Saigon. 1500baht.

Not cheap but an option.

You could try obtain boarding pass and if an issues step away and book onward flight. 

Onward ticket not required at landing Thai immigration.

I entered Thailand before on 30 day Visa Exempt. No problem with the airline re lack of a return ticket, but on arrival Immigration asked for it. I told them obtaining a Visa in London was difficult and that I would convert to Retirement Visa at Chaengwattana. They let me in. It helps if there are previous Retirement Visas in your passport and you can prove you have 800K in the bank. All else depends on the whim of the Immigration officer. I have always found it helps if one does not look like a hippy.

3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I entered Thailand before on 30 day Visa Exempt. No problem with the airline re lack of a return ticket, but on arrival Immigration asked for it. I told them obtaining a Visa in London was difficult and that I would convert to Retirement Visa at Chaengwattana. They let me in. It helps if there are previous Retirement Visas in your passport and you can prove you have 800K in the bank. All else depends on the whim of the Immigration officer. I have always found it helps if one does not look like a hippy.

Your report is very unusual.

I can't recall many folk being asked for onward flight as arrival Thai airport.

Why were you questioned.

How long ago did this occur? 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your report is very unusual.

I can't recall many folk being asked for onward flight as arrival Thai airport.

Why were you questioned.

How long ago did this occur? 

3 years ago. I have heard of others being asked for return or onward tickets, not unusual.

Why was I questioned? Well I guess it's not everyday a blue bird with orange feet and a yellow beak shows up at Immigration!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

8 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

3 years ago. I have heard of others being asked for return or onward tickets, not unusual.

Why was I questioned? Well I guess it's not everyday a blue bird with orange feet and a yellow beak shows up at Immigration!

Whatever....

3 years ago not long prior to covid there was over the top questioning at DMK and to lesser extent at BKK.

Thanks for up to date post! 

Did you have onward flight. Guessing not.

However you were admitted.

Excellent result. 

Edited by DrJack54

14 hours ago, Robin said:

due to near impossibility of getting a Non O from RTE London.  (so many conditions and requirement)

I got an Non O based on marriage last week,  not much of a problem.

Applied on the 18th July, got a request for further document on the 19th and received the visa on the 21st.

Good service and a lot easier than farting about with the post office.

I believe that Malaysia Airlines offers fully refundable tickets as well if you don't book the bog cheap fare.  As long as you cancel before the flight day, you should be able to get your full ticket price refunded. But check with them to be sure.  A one way from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur should do the trick.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is obtaining non O based on retirement.

And you think that makes a difference regarding his grossly exaggerated statement.

"due to near impossibility of getting a Non O from RTE London.  (so many conditions and requirement)"

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

And you think that makes a difference regarding his grossly exaggerated statement.

"due to near impossibility of getting a Non O from RTE London.  (so many conditions and requirement)"

It requires insurance was my point. 

Apart from insurance, I find the requirement of 10,000 GBP in a bank for 3 months difficult to meet, and I would suspect that many other applicants would as well.

Also why the ridiculous requirement of photo of self holding  photo page of my passport?

last time I applied for a Non Im O, it was a single page form at RTE London, 1 phots, and £25; com back in 2 days.

But that was when Thailand welcomed tourists.

What will happen if I simply upload a page saying "Not applicable, Not required" for insurance request, bank statement, self photo, etc...

I have a kasikorn bank account with 800,000 + for my retirement visa, but bank book ahs not been updated in the last 6 months

Would I find it easier to go for Non O based on marriage to Thai.  I have valid UK marriage certificate and Thailand yellow book.

2 hours ago, Robin said:

I have a kasikorn bank account with 800,000 + for my retirement visa, but bank book ahs not been updated in the last 6 months

Would I find it easier to go for Non O based on marriage to Thai. 

Forget the Thai Embassy London..... pain in the <deleted>. You already have the requirements for a Non O. Suggest enter on 30 day exempt. Update the bank book and get a letter from the bank stating you hold an account. You can then convert to Retirement at Chaengwattana. Most say Retiremment Visa is easier to obtain than Marriage Visa.

10 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You can then convert to Retirement at Chaengwattana. Most say Retiremment Visa is easier to obtain than Marriage Visa.

The OP does not deal with CW.

The non O is obtained at office where you live.

The non O retirement extensions has very little paperwork compared to extentions marriage.

However very big difference in financial requirements.

Edited by DrJack54

On 7/24/2022 at 6:11 AM, JackGats said:

'The site onwardflights.com has been "suspended" '

Seems to be accessible now.