Gun control in Thailand – How does it work?

webfact

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Anyone who need to abuse guns definitely not going through legal route.

There's more than a few people, legally buying guns with bad intent.  Here, it's much easier to not buy legally if a criminal type.

Don't understand the negative replies, to such a simple and straight forward op-ed.

He thinks the gun laws are appropriated, and I have to agree.  Being a past gun dealer, I can definitely understand his thoughts of not selling a gun to someone he doesn't trust, even if legal to sell to and own.

I've done that myself to people I know, and refused to sell them a gun.   If you're large shop, and they have the proper paperwork or able to buy, hard not to sell to then unless you personally know them.  They've already been vetted here in Thailand.

The cost of legal guns in Thailand is quite high.  Silly high.  More than enough unregistered guns here also, same worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The country is awash with firearms, as usual money talks and they can be easily bought.

And don't forget some of the sellers are the army and BiB, as we've seen in the recent press.

The so called dealer is living in an alternate universe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

The country is awash with firearms, as usual money talks and they can be easily bought.

And don't forget some of the sellers are the army and BiB, as we've seen in the recent press.

The so called dealer is living in an alternate universe.

Actually I think you are ....