Dumb old falang who 'doesn't get out much' has basic banking query.

3 hours ago, ed strong said:

Generally what absolute confusing and awful advise given to the poster, especially one bright spark telling him that he needs an app to receive an online payment!!? come again?

I'm confused after reading that lot.

Glad you got it sorted....... however it would have been much less of a strain had you just gone to the bank rather than post on here for 'advise' (Not your fault)

seems like OP got a bunch of useful advice for his troubles. but if he needs anything further I'm sure you'll be happy to respond to his PMs. /s

17 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

seems like OP got a bunch of useful advice for his troubles. but if he needs anything further I'm sure you'll be happy to respond to his PMs. /s

Yes it is all about opening your eyes,once you know how it works you will learn to trust it and how convenient it is,either sending or receiving.

Please feel free to contact me via PM and I can help you with any of this (or get somebody in BBL who actually knows something to help ????). I am sorry I just saw this. Thank you for your business and for your interest in Bangkok Bank. Please PM me then you can post whatever you want here, except for my contact details. Thank you

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

useless, he would have been less confused had he not posted here.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 4:03 PM, Toolong said:

This may sound silly, jaywalker2, but it's just occurred to me: what the hell happens if the person inputs the wrong account number, using the atm method? Does someone else get a nice surprise, while I'm well out of pocket? ????

Yes  so always send a test  payment first AND a number  input should generate a concomitant ID , name etc

On 8/1/2022 at 5:36 PM, Lemsta69 said:

I don't have a local credit card. I've read on here that they can be hard to get without a work permit/source of funds or that your need to provide collateral.

I don't have a local debit card either, still working on that. but when I do I won't keep very much money in that account. I'll transfer cash in from another account as needed. I'll also keep a big wad of cash in my pocket as backup.

but you don't need a credit/debit card to pay for stuff with the Bangkok Bank (BBL) app. a lot of merchants use the QR code system to accept payment. 

for example, my electricity bills have a small QR code printed on them. I use the BBL app's Scan function to read this code. it pre-fills the payee and the amount. then I confirm payment by entering my PIN. so I have total control over the funds from the get-go. 

you can also use this QR code system at other merchants although it's not as widespread as it could be. eg. my local Seven doesn't seem to support it.

as for their beer prices, will I live in Lumphini, Bangkok and don't have a car so it's easier just to do the short walk to the local inconvenience store. if you buy in bulk you drink in bulk is my experience. 

Sorry for delay in replying.

The app/QR method sounds pretty interesting. Definitely will look into getting that sorted. ????

Yes, I know what you mean about convenience (excuse the pun) re buying beer from the 7. 

(Only wish the 'govt' would drop the silly restriction times.) 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, a CREDIT card !!

No mention of whether he possesses a DEBIT card or not ??

On this basis I think my suggestion still stands.

@Toolong - can you please clarify explicitly and categorically whether or not you are the proud possessor of a DEBIT card with your Bangkok Bank account? As opposed to a CREDIT card which you've said you've never had.

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

@Toolong - can you please clarify explicitly and categorically whether or not you are the proud possessor of a DEBIT card with your Bangkok Bank account? As opposed to a CREDIT card which you've said you've never had.

Possessor of neither a debit card nor a credit card. 

(Fwiw...I accept any ridicule that may come my way for saying this, but I just can't get past my deep mistrust of banks & their systems & so on. ????????)