Retirement ext. Money in the bank? but i am visa excempt

Hi. trying to work towards getting my first retirement visa. 

- money in thank since a few days ago. so still not 60 days

- current entry is visa excemp, entry jul 5, expire aug 4

not sure what i need to do next? do i need to exit/entry to get a tourist visa instead and from that i can apply for a retirement extension? Also, since money not been in bank 2 month yet, in case i need to leave, i could get one 30 days extension now and then cambodia border run?

Really confused about what to do next. asked an agent, who just told me to buy the "full" package they normally offer, at full price, which kind of is not the purpose (using my 800k and do it "the right way") but im so confused about what i need to do

thanks in advance

Vento

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

Would he need to apply for his 30 day extension to his visa exempt entry first before he applies for his 90 day Non O visa ??

Not if he has enough days remaining on permit.

15 days at most offices and eg CM 21 days.

He does not have to obtain the 30 day extension 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not if he has enough days remaining on permit.

15 days at most offices and eg CM 21 days.

He does not have to obtain the 30 day extension 

Good to know, but his current visa exempt ends next Thursday - Maybe a good idea to extend this for 30 days asap, so as to buy a little bit more time, before applying for his Non O.

Need an address (lease, owner's blue book & ID), simply wait till money 'seasoned' ... 3 months usually for first time, 2 months for extensions, unless changed since last time I read.  Pop into Imm office you plan on using & ask, 2 or 3 months.

How & where to wait is UP2U.

This seems to be a importent point.. maybe i will just go get a 30d extension and then apply for the non O and wait until money been in bank for 2 months and then apply for the 1y extension

that is if i understood everything above correctly ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vento said:

This seems to be a importent point.. maybe i will just go get a 30d extension and then apply for the non O and wait until money been in bank for 2 months and then apply for the 1y extension

that is if i understood everything above correctly ????

That's correct...

Obtain 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry and apply for non O. 

Subsequently obtain 12 month extension 

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Need an address (lease, owner's blue book & ID), simply wait till money 'seasoned' ... 3 months usually for first time, 2 months for extensions, unless changed since last time I read.  Pop into Imm office you plan on using & ask, 2 or 3 months.

How & where to wait is UP2U.

It's 2 months...

However OP does not even have his non O at this stage.

That is step 1. 

13 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Good to know, but his current visa exempt ends next Thursday - Maybe a good idea to extend this for 30 days asap, so as to buy a little bit more time, before applying for his Non O.

Exactly...

Had brain fade .....

he does not have the required days (15+) to apply for the non O.

30 day extension needed as you pointed out.

OP ...1900baht 

Edited by DrJack54

He could actually do it on the same day since he already has the money in the bank. He goes and gets his 30 day extension and then immediately apply for the non O. It will save him an extra visit to immigration. He just needs to get his paperwork in order in the next few days.

4 hours ago, vento said:

Really confused about what to do next. asked an agent, who just told me to buy the "full" package they normally offer, at full price, which kind of is not the purpose (using my 800k and do it "the right way") but im so confused about what i need to do

I was a bit worried the first time I tried, but I certainly wasn't interested in using an agent for advice. I found asking at the Imm Office was simple and easy.