Butterfly farms

stupidfarang

Hi I am looking for Butterfly farms in the north of Thailand and wish to ask if anyone has info/location they can share on butterfly farms. Not easy to find them and living in the south want to get the location before we drive to the north looking for the farms

Any help greatly appreciated

Look forward to replies. While in San Francisco I caught the yearly Monarch migration. Amazing! Thousands of butterflies nesting in trees.  

(you wouldn’t happen to be the YouTuber under stupid farang?)

Edited by SamSanuk
  • Like 1

I am not sure what a butterfly farm is and what you are looking for, however if you visit the Siam Insect Museum in Mae Rim they have lots and lots of butterflies of many types flying inside a few large enclosures where you can walk around, sit down, and chances are they might land on you.

Highly recommended not just for insects, they have lots of interesting animals that you can also hold on your hand with the help of a staff.

Close to Chiang Mai, also the Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens, the Tweechol Botanical Garden and the Royal Flora are worth a visit.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, SamSanuk said:

While in San Francisco I caught the yearly Monarch migration. Amazing! Thousands of butterflies nesting in trees.  

As a 13 yr old teen out hunting squirrels with his father in Ohio I was fortunate enough to witness the Monarch migration. I agree it was totally amazing however I didn't see any in the trees (that I remember). We saw nothing but a huge band of butterflies coming out of a wooded area, floating in uniform through an open meadow, and then disappearing into anther wooded area.

This was one of my top three natural events I witnessed. My other two:

- Seeing a bald eagle nab a trout out of a high mountain Colorado lake.

- Seeing a young deer outsmart a pack of wild dogs.