Schengen visa for thai girlfriend

Has anyone recently successfully got a Schengen visa for thai girlfriend?

My girlfriend wants to visit Germany (main destination) and The Netherlands and she will apply at German Embassy.

The situation is that I will be sponsoring her for the trip and we will travel together.

The thing is that I’m not a German national, but an EU national. The plan is that we will meet at Frankfurt airport and travel from there together.

Is me being not a national of the main destination as a sponsor won’t be a problem to obtain Schengen visa?

50 minutes ago, Requiem said:

My girlfriend

Does your gf have a (well paid) job in Thailand? Does she have enough reasons to return to Thailand?

It seems one big concern of those people who provide the visa is if she likely will go back to Thailand or if she is more likely to stay illegally in Europe, maybe work illegally in Europe, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does your gf have a (well paid) job in Thailand? Does she have enough reasons to return to Thailand?

It seems one big concern of those people who provide the visa is if she likely will go back to Thailand or if she is more likely to stay illegally in Europe, maybe work illegally in Europe, etc.

It depends more of their relationship, how many times they have met, lenght of relationship, and he guarantee for her. 

For Norway there was no proof of income for me as a sponsor anymore,  just a simple statement I did guarantee for her. 

For her to prove her income is alot more work and hassel, with documents and therefor better with a sponsor. 

Right now the problem is the Visa service center to get time before christmas

Edited by Hummin

She has a job in Thailand, but not a well paying one.

Our relationship can be easily proven + I send her money every month for more than a year.

I’m hoping this will help.

@Humminwhat do you mean by Christmas? Do you mean if she submits application now, she’ll only get an appointment for Christmas?

We’re hoping to travel in mid September

7 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Our relationship can be easily proven + I send her money every month for more than a year.

I’m hoping this will help.

@Humminwhat do you mean by Christmas? Do you mean if she submits application now, she’ll only get an appointment for Christmas?

We’re hoping to travel in mid September

The problem lays with VFS global, and you have to commit and deliver her application as quick as possible if you want her to travel with you this year. 

34 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The problem lays with VFS global, and you have to commit and deliver her application as quick as possible if you want her to travel with you this year. 

Ive asked for appointment 21.7, Ive got an appointment for 2.8. In VFS for Czech Rep

They should process the request in two weeks. At least according to all info.

7 minutes ago, Jan Pavel said:

Ive asked for appointment 21.7, Ive got an appointment for 2.8. In VFS for Czech Rep

They should process the request in two weeks. At least according to all info.

I read earlier for Germany, Denmark and Netherland it was chaos, but hopefully he can manage in time if he hurry up. 

If Op have another schengen nationality and a fixed adress he will save alot of documentation using his adress for final destination and his own embassy. 

found this about the danish situation

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/denmark-urges-thai-citizens-to-apply-now-for-schengen-visas-for-christmas-trips-due-to-serious-delays/

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

It depends more of their relationship, how many times they have met, lenght of relationship, and he guarantee for her. 

For Norway there was no proof of income for me as a sponsor anymore,  just a simple statement I did guarantee for her. 

For her to prove her income is alot more work and hassel, with documents and therefor better with a sponsor. 

Right now the problem is the Visa service center to get time before christmas

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I read earlier for Germany, Denmark and Netherland it was chaos, but hopefully he can manage in time if he hurry up. 

If Op have another schengen nationality and a fixed adress he will save alot of documentation using his adress for final destination and his own embassy. 

found this about the danish situation

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/denmark-urges-thai-citizens-to-apply-now-for-schengen-visas-for-christmas-trips-due-to-serious-delays/

The things is that we aren’t planning to visit my country of origin - only Germany and The Netherlands.

Apparently, some agency told my gf that it’s not a problem

24 minutes ago, Requiem said:

The things is that we aren’t planning to visit my country of origin - only Germany and The Netherlands.

Apparently, some agency told my gf that it’s not a problem

I'm not sure after COVID and new rules and regulations, but before, the embassy would like to have a full schedule with bookings of hotel and tickets for the whole travel, but if you used your home address, nothing of that was anymore needed. We did not even need a confirmed flight ticket this time, and the only documents we provided, was copy of our passports, the online guarantee document and insurance. 

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

I'm not sure after COVID and new rules and regulations, but before, the embassy would like to have a full schedule with bookings of hotel and tickets for the whole travel, but if you used your home address, nothing of that was anymore needed. We did not even need a confirmed flight ticket this time, and the only documents we provided, was copy of our passports, the online guarantee document and insurance. 

That's great! Regarding online guarantee document - was info on it provided by the VFS? Or did you have to find it yourself? And what about bank account statement - it was not required?

4 minutes ago, Requiem said:

That's great! Regarding online guarantee document - was info on it provided by the VFS? Or did you have to find it yourself? And what about bank account statement - it was not required?

Should come a check list there when you start a new visa application.

No bank statement or police statement as used to be for Norway when getting the gaurantee form signed and verified.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Requiem said:

She really needs to show that she has strong ties to her home country, Thailand.

You sending her funds every month will do little to achieve that, the decision maker could assume, rightly or wrongly, that she would stay with her benefactor in the EU rather that return to Thailand and her not well paying job.

• Like 2

Think about contacting a German Consulate here in Thailand or the German embassy. Talk with them about the RETURNING-PROBLEM (what would they accept to believe that she will fly back to Thailand. Young children still in school, taking care for her parents, having her own house, apartment here in Thailand, i.e.)

That was useful for me some years before.

Edited by puck2

Thank you all for the help!

We applied through an agency today and she got an appointment with German Embassy for Aug 25th.

Hoping we can go in mid September planned (fingers crossed)

She does have a mother in Thailand, hoping this can also be a factor in visa decision

19 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Thank you all for the help!

We applied through an agency today and she got an appointment with German Embassy for Aug 25th.

Hoping we can go in mid September planned (fingers crossed)

She does have a mother in Thailand, hoping this can also be a factor in visa decision

How much did the agent  charge? And is there’s  less documentation  need from your side by using an agent? 

Be aware of the warnings  the embassy  give concerned  using agency’s for visa?