uk sim card

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

why not get e mails????????

or through the post???

As far as I am aware UK banks are not sending authorisation codes by post these days, and my bank doesn't offer email for this purpose, others might I suppose.  Maybe a fax machine perhaps?

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 3:34 PM, KannikaP said:

My O2 seems to be connected to dtac here in Phitsanulok, even though there is AIS available.

I've 2 GiffGaff sims I keep alive, they usually connect to AIS because that's the stronger signal here, however they do sometimes connect to Dtac, or one on AIS and one on Dtac. So both networks are available.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, taximan1954 said:

Banks and the UK Gov gateway site that I use if I need to contact about my uk pension or HMRC send you a verification code to a UK sim, I had  a UK sim but I have let it expire, Now I am looking to buy a new UK sim card.

My UK bank (HSBC), the Gov Gateway login & HMRC all send authorisation codes to my DTAC sim. I don't have a UK address or sim.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

On 7/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

With Giffgaff can also port your existing number over if you wish

Good to know.

I first got a UK post-paid SIM from T-Mobile years ago and it was all good. Then they morphed into ee where their online account management was dismal before they switched most of it to being accessible via their phone app which is even more rubbish. To initiate an international data package, it must be turned on BEFORE you leave the UK which is a problem if you are overseas already. Otherwise I have to call them which probably won't be free in the end. They also say that it can be done 'after the fact' either online or via their app but despite being the registered account holder, the only web page either keeps landing on is the one where you DON'T want to port to another carrier!

Sounds like I may be moving to Giffgaff sooner than later.