UOB Singapore Bank

^ +1

It would be also a bit difficult to get a bank statement (piece of paper) from the Bank in another country to give to immigration on the same day as going to immigration!

Ps: Our Immigration only accepts same day Bank statements with a balance update as well! (add / withdraw some money to the account before going to the bank)

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you have a account in Singapore it should be easy to open an account here.

See: https://www.uob.co.th/default-en/index.page

I'm a little surprised. The reverse is certainly not true. Even if in possession of a Thai account, they will not open a Singapore one for Thailand residents unless some exceptional circumstance. I tried.

...Although, presumably as a resident in Thailand it won't be difficult anyway. But that has nothing to do with possessing a Singapore account. 

Coincidentally, I accidentally ended up with a Singapore account of theirs through investing in a finance platform owned by them. I did not expect nor aim for one at that time. 

Banking is a funny thing. 

Hi - Several years ago I used to use UOB (Thailand Branch) for my visa extension using the Bt800k retirement method. For a couple of years I had minor problems with how UOB presented the information required and on the second time the Immigration Officer told me as a side line that if I use UOB, because it is a foreign bank in Thailand, they (Immigration) are more strict on the paper work to prove  the Bt800k. He suggested I use a Thai bank in future to save any issues arising. I have used SCB for the past 10years and provided much less information than UOB provided and never had a problem.