To sell or not to sell, that is the question for Thai Expats

webfact

On 7/29/2022 at 3:43 AM, webfact said:

Trying to understand why is a tricky business for sure.

Are you kidding?  Have you not seen what the US federal reserve has been doing with interest rate?

Gold will rise handsomely in this decade as it appears it will mimic the 70s era, with the Fed’s chief making it clear he will meet market’s expectations. Market expects him to restart easing soon, that’s why stock market and oil went up again even though economic indicators look like <deleted>. Inflationary years are coming. I’d buy a few gold trinkets for a rainy day. Thailand’s gold shop market is very good.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Has it been particularly successful with Russia....they seem to have no problem cutting gas supplies and attacking grain sources and we are well into severe sanctions against them?

Not saying the person you replied to was correct but Russia has resources and China really does not.

Especially Russia with Ukraine farmland +

+ Pretty girls

On 7/29/2022 at 8:06 AM, BonMot said:

I REALLY wish the older British expats would let this go as it's now beyond annoying.

I see you all sitting in Pattaya on beach road wearing b50 nylon running shorts, a singha singlet and b40 flip flops. As the group of three old geezers admire the trash walking up and down the footpath one says to the other...yeah, I remember when she'd cost me a fiver. The others would sigh and nod approvingly. Remember when I got 75 to the quid... The others would sigh. Yup, thems the days mates...

STOP for the love of God. It was 20 years ago.

You seem to know alot obout these conversations about 'trash' by badly dresses 'geezers'. At least they have happy memories of better times. What do you have apart from misanthropy?

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:03 PM, peterfranks said:

USD getting seriously hammered today, in case nobody noticed yet

I thought it was Sterling getting hammered..... what are you comparing the USD with? If the Thai baht, I heard Thailand is buying them up using foreign currency reserves.