Send money to UK from Thailand.

1 hour ago, mlkik said:

I recently transfered ฿800 000 which was 18.200 pounds worth of baht back to the UK from my Bangkok Bank account.

Just go into your bank and tell them you want to make an international transfer to your UK bank account .

You will have to fill out a form and your money will be in your account within a few days.

You will need your passport and your UK bank account IBAN number and Swift code.

Brilliant,i'm a bit of a thicko and didn't realise it was so easy,thanks.

1 hour ago, mlkik said:

I recently transfered ฿800 000 which was 18.200 pounds worth of baht back to the UK from my Bangkok Bank account.

Just go into your bank and tell them you want to make an international transfer to your UK bank account .

You will have to fill out a form and your money will be in your account within a few days.

You will need your passport and your UK bank account IBAN number and Swift code.

Do i send baht or pounds?

1 hour ago, Kinok Powell said:

Do i send baht or pounds?

I sent mine in Pounds Sterling as the Bangkok Bank has a better exchange rate than my UK bank.

When I send money to Thailand from the UK I also send it in Sterling.

6 hours ago, mlkik said:

I sent mine in Pounds Sterling as the Bangkok Bank has a better exchange rate than my UK bank.

When I send money to Thailand from the UK I also send it in Sterling.

Thanks again.Like you i always send sterling from the UK to here but was unsure about the other way round.

14 hours ago, peterfranks said:

The only way is to send it in Pounds. Thai baht can not be send out of Thailand.

Whatever service you will use, they will always exchange your baht to pound before they send it

Not true. I was asked if I wanted to transfer in Baht or Sterling.

It is not cash you are sending as it is an electronic transfer. It is only a question of when you have your currency converted into Sterling.

If you transfer ฿ it will not arrive in your account as ฿ as it will be automaticaly converted into Sterling.

Edited by mlkik