Air Hostess job : Could it be a scam?

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Beware of this email scam .....   looks like it went to my junk box about one week ago ....

I'm calling this fake ....

now I know it's fake .....  lol

105.65.78.10 IP Location, Morocco | MAROCCONNECT

Jul 27, 2565 BE  IP location: 105.65.78.10 located in Casablanca, Morocco. ISP is MAROCCONNECT, registered with AS36884 ASN number. Find more information.

You don't really need skills or experience to get trough that training and do that job. It is all about looks and some language skill.

Essentially is like working at a catering company but then in the air, aside of a few other procedures that are repeated each flight.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You don't really need skills or experience to get trough that training and do that job. It is all about looks and some language skill.

Essentially is like working at a catering company but then in the air, aside of a few other procedures that are repeated each flight.

Spelling too I guess! 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:20 AM, tomazbodner said:

Maybe to add, even if address is something @emirates.com, that could still be fake. While not normally visible, there is actually an email header which some mail programs can show - the headers show the entire path of where email was sent from and how it routed to your server. Usually there's IP address for the computer sending email. You can check where IP originates from, so if it claims to be from Emirates office in Bangkok but you find out it's sent from another country, you should worry. Sometimes there could also be spellings in the name, like [email protected]... now that I is not I but a small L. Or sender could make name Emirates HR <[email protected]> instead of just Emirates HR. In this case your email software could show this address but in reality it could be some garbage that it only shows when you hover over it.

There are several methods of protection against spoofing an email, such as SPF, DKIM and DMARC records - a properly configured mail servers (both the sender and recipient) will not allow such fake emails.

However emirates.com domain has a half of the UAE's IP addresses in their SPF record, including third parties such as Salesforce, Outlook and Amazon AWS, and I bet many of these IPs do not belong to emirates already so a persistent hacker could spoof the emails e.g. by finding a suitable server on Amazon. Also they have a broken DMARC record, and I didn't see their DKIM header which could be broken as well.

1 hour ago, zoltannyc said:

Outgoing email addresses can be very easily spoofed by using an open relay SMTP server.

it's not 2007 anymore...

Edited by fdsa
  • Thanks 1