Soi Dog Foundation calls for an end to the Asian dog meat trade

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, law ling said:

It's not my position to tell others what not to eat (provided it's processed humanely) - unless I was willing to provide a substitute.

But the Foundation's folk must keep a large and very visible supply of dogs roaming the sois, to justify their donations,  and thereby  continue their great visas, attractive stipends, vehicles, maybe even accommodation and other nice conditions and benefits - for all their "volunteers" ... who knows ... as they say: follow the money.

Yes, There was a Falang plonker,  going round Jomtien pattaya , in his van feeding the soi dogs every day.

Wish he had taken the dogs home with him.

but no just feeding them and the packs of dogs got just bigger and bigger.

How sad the soi dog problem is now days. :bah:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 2

We have two women in the village who daily feed soi dogs and cats.  I am led to believe this is part of their buddhist beliefs.  Reincarnation in the hope they will come back as a better (richer?) person.  As long as people believe this the problem won't go away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Yes, There was a Falang plonker,  going round Jomtien pattaya , in his van feeding the soi dogs every day.

Wish he had taken the dogs home with him.

but no just feeding them and the packs of dogs got just bigger and bigger.

How sad the soi dog problem is now days. :bah:

The packs of dogs did not get bigger because someone was feeding them.

• Confused 4

Why? if the transport and killing is done Humane than there's nothing wrong with that.

People Kill and eat Everything esle that walks or crawls, so why not cats and dogs.

I don't think that people go much for the Mangy Flea and tick ridden sick Soi dogs . 

They are more inclined to Kill and eat Healthy Dogs.

It's no different than Cattle ,Pigs,Sheep .Chickens,Rabbits, Fish,Prawns,and everything else what people can/want to eat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spilornis said:

Here it's cats everywhere. Just strays breeding prolifically.

Eating dog... so what.

A bit like the aversion in the UK and elsewhere to horse meat

They have specialized resturants in Belgium dedicated soley to Horse meat, not well adverrtised, but you will see a store with a horsehead over the door, or a picture of one in the window.