Do IOs check the legitimacy of a printed hotel booking confirmation?

Was just wondering: if Immigration Officers happen to ask for proof of accommodation and you show them a printed booking confirmation that was paid for online - then canceled immediately, would they check with the hotel if your booking is legitimate?

Provided that you already have the equivalent of 20k baht and the itinerary of a flight out on you.

Edited by uyenlaam

13 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Almost certainly not. Unless you looked like a low-life or had entered many times recently they probably wont ask much at all.

You cancelled your accommodation. Are you thinking of staying in a tent?

Thanks for the reply. I’ve got my own apartment but the IOs shouldn’t know that.

Edit: to clarify, I am planning to come back on a TR visa after a year of ED visa.

Edited by uyenlaam
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, uyenlaam said:

I’ve got my own apartment but the IOs shouldn’t know that.

In that case the IO's at your local immigration office would probably show more than a passing interest as to why no TM30 form had been filed with them when/if you ever needed to do business with them.

21 hours ago, OJAS said:

In that case the IO's at your local immigration office would probably show more than a passing interest as to why no TM30 form had been filed with them when/if you ever needed to do business with them.

When I was on ED visa I filed my TM30 with each apartment I was renting.

To update everyone on whether they check the hotel reservations, they do write down information of your supposed stays and perhaps even look them up. Due to circumstances I ended up entering on visa exempt, NOT tourist visa. There were no calls involved in my case, but I assume all my info is now logged. I was granted 29 days in visa exemption. This was at Don Muang airport.

The answer is obvious a big fat no..

Immigration never ask for proof of accommodation.

It is only requested that you list your accommodation on the TM6 form, which, if the news is correct has been stopped (but there is conflicting information on this).

Immigration couldn’t possibly check the accommodation details of everyone, so its a non-starter. 

But, if stopped and questioned (for whatever reason) you will obviously need to prove an honest and clear answer - at this stage you are being profiled and if they doubt your response they can double-check if they so wish. 

For many of us, there is no hotel or booking, we simply go home. 

If pressed I have a copy of my Tabien Baan (yellow house book with my name in it) which shows my accommodation). But many won’t be travelling in with proof of their rental agreement or home ownership etc...   

22 hours ago, OJAS said:

Agreed....  but thats at the local immigration office. 

Immigration at the airport have no interest in TM30 or 90 day reports and thus have no interest in your address or where you’ll be staying unless profiled and singled out for further questioning - which IMO is extremely rare (never happened to me or anyone I know), but reports on this forum suggest some are stopped and asked questions (maybe visa runners etc).

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kiwinz said:

Recently arrived and had to show Nothing. Just passport stamped in for 30day, and a pleasant, enjoy your stay  : )

Congrats! What visa were you on? For me I didn't have any visa and the IOs were asking for proof of stay. No cash fund showing needed though.

• Confused 1