Considerations on a UK return.

talahtnut

On 8/9/2022 at 12:00 AM, david555 said:

And still they come ! .....on risk of loosing life ....

Those small & big dingy's  day by day ...to "Paradise Island "....why ..?  ????

i think:

English language,

NHS,

Social security and free housing for refugees.

I can't imagine any other reasons to pass through many other European countries, risking life and limb to cross the Channel.

Why not claim asylum in France? 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, phetphet said:

i think:

English language,

NHS,

Social security and free housing for refugees.

I can't imagine any other reasons to pass through many other European countries, risking life and limb to cross the Channel.

Why not claim asylum in France? 

"Why not claim asylum in France? "

You anwered it already by your post....

" Social security and free housing for refugees " ????

Edited by david555

On 8/9/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

The weather in the U.K is so much better than the weather in Thailand 

Not in Scotland, I was there May, June and July,had to wear a hoody every time I went out, about 90% of the time it was up. Not a lot of rain, but windy just about every day.

In saying that, the rain has been dreadful here in Thailand ever since I came back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Not in Scotland, I was there May, June and July,had to wear a hoody every time I went out, about 90% of the time it was up. Not a lot of rain, but windy just about every day.

In saying that, the rain has been dreadful here in Thailand ever since I came back.

Regarding Rain:

Some guys can't do without the rain.

WC Fields spent the last 22 months of his life at the Las Encinas Sanatorium in Pasadena, California. In 1946, on Christmas Day—the holiday he said he despised—he had a massive gastric hemorrhage and died, aged 66.[96] Carlotta Monti wrote that in his final moments, she used a garden hose to spray water onto the roof over his bedroom to simulate his favorite sound, falling rain.

Some guys find the sound of rain on the roof comforting.

Others, find the sound of a cat on a hot tin roof comforting.

Here in Thailand, if you live in a cheap house, you will hear both cats and squirrels and also plenty of rain.

I enjoy all three.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Regarding Rain:

Some guys can't do without the rain.

WC Fields spent the last 22 months of his life at the Las Encinas Sanatorium in Pasadena, California. In 1946, on Christmas Day—the holiday he said he despised—he had a massive gastric hemorrhage and died, aged 66.[96] Carlotta Monti wrote that in his final moments, she used a garden hose to spray water onto the roof over his bedroom to simulate his favorite sound, falling rain.

Some guys find the sound of rain on the roof comforting.

Others, find the sound of a cat on a hot tin roof comforting.

Here in Thailand, if you live in a cheap house, you will hear both cats and squirrels and also plenty of rain.

I enjoy all three.

Don't mind cats and squirrels, but I hate wind and rain in that order.

On 8/10/2022 at 3:40 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you comparing the Thai Private sector with the U.K Public sector ?

Or did you go to a Thai Government hospital ?

Are you comparing like for like ?

Are you comparing the NHS to a Thai Gov hospital ?

I posted on here late last year--had 3 days in Khon Kean Heart government hospital,-emergency- elected for a private room 3 or 4 bags of blood, the care was good---total cost-medication etc 14,000 Baht.

I admit that even Goverment hospitals here do differ in cost--Issan isn't BKK.

When I was last in UK, if you fell over in the street--yes you would be rushed into an NHS hospital.  If you are suffering, even from a life altering condition (say, you can hardly walk-- hip replacement  needed) you will have a problem. That was even before the pandemic , I haven't been back there since, but from what you read, yes-its in trouble, which is heart braking-I am a child of the NHS--born in the 40s remember when even dental care was freely an available. Nurse would come to schools every month check all children hair (lice) etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I posted on here late last year--had 3 days in Khon Kean Heart government hospital,-emergency- elected for a private room 3 or 4 bags of blood, the care was good---total cost-medication etc 14,000 Baht.

I admit that even Goverment hospitals here do differ in cost--Issan isn't BKK.

When I was last in UK, if you fell over in the street--yes you would be rushed into an NHS hospital.  If you are suffering, even from a life altering condition (say, you can hardly walk-- hip replacement  needed) you will have a problem. That was even before the pandemic , I haven't been back there since, but from what you read, yes-its in trouble, which is heart braking-I am a child of the NHS--born in the 40s remember when even dental care was freely an available. Nurse would come to schools every month check all children hair (lice) etc 

Thanks for that. It's often said the U.K. NHS is good at fixing you up. However, if you need anything else you've got a problem. My Mother-in-law is under Queen Sirikit in Khon Kaen. Sounds like you did very well!

• Like 1