UK Passport Renewal New Blue Passports

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"new blue UK passports are now being issued, why is ones date of birth, and the issue and expiry date of the new passport written in both English and FRENCH"

Better ask the Home Office.  Or read this...

https://www.connexionfrance.com/article/Practical/Your-Questions/Everyday-Life/Why-do-UK-passports-have-French-translations-on-them

Thank you  That answers my question,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Should be English, Spanish and Chinese.

Chinese language is predominately spoken by Chinese people in China and its not usual for non Chinese to speak that language and not many Brits go to China , so, not much point in having Chinese written in a U.K PP

• Like 2

I was confused reading that the new UK passports are blue. 

Because ... I only received a new one a few days ago ... and considered it to be black.

I had to get it and look again. I am looking at it now.  Its black.

A very very trivial thing .. but I was a tiny bit curious.  I dont care .. but why is mine different ? Was my thought.

So I asked Mr Google and read that many consider that there new colour to be black.  Not just me.

So you may hear from confused old codgers like me saying they are black.

????

Edited by PAWNEESE

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

and new blue UK passports are now being issued, why is ones date of birth, and the issue and expiry date of the new passport written in both English and FRENCH?

Just looked at my old UK pp from the early 1980's with the hard blue cover before we had EU style passports and they had English and French in them as well.

The new blue passport just shows how out of touch the government really is. The call for return to the old blue passport was not about the colour, although it was the easiest way to describe it when the new passport was reddish, it was that the British passport was larger, hardbacked and easily recognised by immigration officials and others from other different countries. I remember years ago, in Libiya, having surrendered our passports for the night, a fellow traveller and I went to check out in the morning, The hotel employee opened a draw, full of different coloured passports and immediately picked mine out and handed it to me, my colleague, was told his passport was missing, it took some time before the employee found a small passport, similar to all the others in the draw, and handed it to my companion. I am British and proud of it and would like my passport to reflect my difference to every other passport.

15 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

Because ... I only received a new one a few days ago ... and considered it to be black.

A very very trivial thing .. but I was a tiny bit curious.  I dont care .. but why is mine different ? Was my thought.

So I asked Mr Google and read that many consider that there new colour to be black.  Not just me.

????

Yup, my new pp is black too. (Ha, actually, way back in the 1930's one uncle of mine (apparently) won many a 'best dressed man' competition and he considered both black and white to be colours.????

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yep : *Leave the E.U . so its easer to find your passport when its in a drawer full of other passports*

The British passport used to be number one on the Henley List making it the best most valuable passport to have. It’s now joint 13th. But they knew what they were voting for. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

????

That could cause a storm, as many people voted for Brexit based on the promise of the UK returning to the blue passports of years past ????

• Haha 1

Because a top-secret operation was carried out just after Johnson (an android) was placed in power by the dark Soros forces, just after which super secret stealth French undercover agents kidnapped the entire UK government and substituted them all with android bots ... the UK is now a puppet of the evil world cabal lol ????????????????

The passports are actually impregnated with sinister mind controlling stupor inducing chemicals to make you all believe you are safe and secure .... insert evil maniacal laughter here  

Edited by Tropposurfer

16 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

Maybe black because very few other countries issue black ones.????

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Chinese language is predominately spoken by Chinese people in China and its not usual for non Chinese to speak that language and not many Brits go to China , so, not much point in having Chinese written in a U.K PP

The CCP is happy to have an extra chip inserted into new passports.....

20 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Since the UK is now out of the EU, and new blue UK passports are now being issued, why is ones date of birth, and the issue and expiry date of the new passport written in both English and FRENCH????????????

It's the ICAO that recommends that passports be issued in English and French, or in the national language of the issuing country and in either English or French. Many European countries use their national language, along with English and French.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

????

As another "old codger" who has just renewed his UK PP...it's VERY DARK blue which looks black at first glance. Trust me!!  Hold it up to the light!!

They have all been blue for a couple of years now. Iconic blue passports return next month

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Should be English, Spanish and Chinese.

Agree with you about English and Spanish - in the latter instance on the grounds that Spain has consistently been the most popular tourist destination for Brits over recent years if the following link is to be believed:-

https://www.finder.com/uk/outbound-tourism-statistics

Not to mention British tourism to Spanish-speaking countries in the Americas - although this does not, admittedly, appear to be significant, with only a specific mention of Mexico.

Disagree with you about Chinese, though - British tourism to the People's Republic & Taiwan appears to be insignificant, with only Hong Kong worthy of a specific mention.

Edited by OJAS

On 8/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, PAWNEESE said:

????

We prefer the neutral description African/British.