POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because the FBI had asked for the CCTV to be switched off and for the FBI to be alone with the safe and Donald hoped the reason for them requesting to be alone and the CCTV to be switched off wasn't because they wanted to plant something (with no witnesses or evidence of them doing so)

You are wrong.  He suggested that they may have been planting something, then in the "hopefully not" sub-clause added extra information about his opinion of that eventuality.  The meaning of the main clause stands without the addition of the sub-clause.  As you said to someone earlier- you don't get to change the meaning of our language to suit your political ends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No he did not make the suggestion that they had been planting things .

He said........................................................

"The FBI and others from the Federal Government would not let anyone, including my lawyers, be anywhere near the areas that were rummaged and otherwise looked at during the raid on Mar-a-Lago,” Trump posted on his Truth Social platform.

“Everyone was asked to leave the premises, they wanted to be left alone, without any witnesses to see what they were doing, taking or, hopefully not, ‘planting.'”

Once again, you are wrong.  It's hard-wired into the language.  I'm not going to get bogged down in your pedantry.  The phrase "hopefully not" expresses his opinion on the list of things he says they may have been doing.  No more from me on this.  You are simply wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:
1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Very, very old news... your point? 

It is not old news, there is a long write-up of new information.

Then why did I know about it months ago? What news sorce is claiming this is new info?

Edited by mikebike

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The 45 Cult machine is about a day away from going into righteous indignation mode. They use that mode to drop talking points for the cult and get everyone on board with the same narrative.

First, 45 will say, "Some people...actually many people...are saying the FBI probably planted evidence. I don't know; I just know I am the most persecuted person ever in the history of the United States, maybe even the world"

Next, his mouthpiece or one of his media minions on fox will say it like this:

"I don't know....I don't want to say, or I don't want to believe that the FBI planted evidence....I mean, what would that say about our country if even the FBI was part of the Deep State conspiracy...but at this point, who can doubt anything anymore. I hate to say it, but we've fallen so far as a country that I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI planted evidence"

While not outright stating it as fact, his mouthpieces will continue to link the terms "FBI" and "planted evidence". Once that simmers for a sufficient period of time, they'll be ready when AG presents his case, when they will then state categorically "FBI planted evidence".

Then 45 will foment violence in his usual backhanded way..."The American people are really angry about this, as they should be. Now I don't condone all the talk, but I can understand their frustration and why some patriots might want to use aggressive means to talk back our country".

You forgot to mention "2nd amendment patriots".

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Oh I stopped believing  all that anti Trump  propaganda  years ago. If he had committed a crime that could be proves he would  be prosecuted. Until he is found guilty by a legal court of law any assertions about guilt are hysterical  nonsense made by political  opponents and enemies . As for the this latest raid - The Democrats  are notorious  for  using state  institutions to attack their opponents as Obama harnessed the authority  of the IR to harras people.

Biden and his son are criminals by your standards but like Trump they havent  been prosecuted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they weren't people, they were fraudent political organisations masquerading as tax deductible charitable organizations

14 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The 45 Cult machine is about a day away from going into righteous indignation mode. They use that mode to drop talking points for the cult and get everyone on board with the same narrative.

First, 45 will say, "Some people...actually many people...are saying the FBI probably planted evidence. I don't know; I just know I am the most persecuted person ever in the history of the United States, maybe even the world"

Next, his mouthpiece or one of his media minions on fox will say it like this:

"I don't know....I don't want to say, or I don't want to believe that the FBI planted evidence....I mean, what would that say about our country if even the FBI was part of the Deep State conspiracy...but at this point, who can doubt anything anymore. I hate to say it, but we've fallen so far as a country that I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI planted evidence"

While not outright stating it as fact, his mouthpieces will continue to link the terms "FBI" and "planted evidence". Once that simmers for a sufficient period of time, they'll be ready when AG presents his case, when they will then state categorically "FBI planted evidence".

Then 45 will foment violence in his usual backhanded way..."The American people are really angry about this, as they should be. Now I don't condone all the talk, but I can understand their frustration and why some patriots might want to use aggressive means to talk back our country".

He won't say he doesn't condone it. 

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but they weren't people, they were fraudent political organisations masquerading as tax deductible charitable organizations

You're replying to a member who openly admits he hasn't been following this closely at all. It's like debating the January 6th hearings with a Trump cult member that refuses to watch them. Basically a black hole. 

Trump world gripped with anger, fear and a host of conspiracies about the FBI search

A wave of concern and even paranoia is gripping parts of Trump world as federal investigators tighten their grip on the former president and his inner circle.

In the wake of news that the FBI agents executed a court-authorized search warrant at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida, Trump’s allies and aides have begun buzzing about a host of potential explanations and worries.

Among those being bandied about is that the search was a pretext to fish for other incriminating evidence, that the FBI doctored evidence to support its search warrant — and then planted some incriminating materials and recording devices at Mar-a-Lago for good measure — and even that the timing of the search was meant to be a historical echo of the day President Richard Nixon resigned in 1974.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/11/trump-evidence-fbi-search-00050990

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

What I find interesting is the fact that the Trump supporters here are pressing for the FBI or Justice Dept to release information but don't seem in the least interested in why Trump hasn't released the text of the warrant. Presumably that might go a long way towards explaining their interest.

It might but the FBI could have released too .... and sooner.

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

It might but the FBI could have released too .... and sooner.

Ridiculous!  the FBI are following their procedures.  Trump could release information that would prove his implications, but he doesn't and won't.  Just like his tax returns.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Oh I stopped believing  all that anti Trump  propaganda  years ago. If he had committed a crime that could be proves he would  be prosecuted. Until he is found guilty by a legal court of law any assertions about guilt are hysterical  nonsense made by political  opponents and enemies . As for the this latest raid - The Democrats  are notorious  for  using state  institutions to attack their opponents as Obama harnessed the authority  of the IR to harras people.

Biden and his son are criminals by your standards but like Trump they havent  been prosecuted.

First off, what you don't seem to understand is that as long as someone is President, it's the Justice Dept. position that they can't be criminally prosecuted. Robert Mueller did find 10 instances where he felt Trump could be prosecuted for obstruction of justice. He did suggest that other routes were available. i.el impeachment.Robert Barr flagrantly misrepresented what Mueller found. For that, he was roundly castigated by a federal judge.

Since Trump left office has has teams of lawyers delaying the judicial process. That is his right. But it doesn't mean that there isn't a valid case or aren't valid cases to be made against him.

And as for ascribing certain standards to OneMoreFarang, even if your characterization of his standards is correct, these are also the standards of Donald Trump who has called for the imprisonment of Joe Biden amongst others.

• Like 2