POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes Trump could have made the details of the warrant public himself, now Garland is asking the court to release them publicly, Trump has until Friday to object.

Donald Trump: Mar-a-Lago search warrant could be unsealed

The US Department of Justice is asking a Florida court to unseal the warrant that let FBI agents search former President Donald Trump's home.

If granted, the request would make the documents available to the public, the justice department has so far not revealed the reason for the search - but the unsealed warrant could.

Mr Trump has until Friday to object to the unsealing - or could release details of the warrant himself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62512360

A suggested reason for the search has been released in an article by Washington Post.

The Washington Post: FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence for classified nuclear documents.

The Washington Post: FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence for classified nuclear documents - CNNPolitics

Edited by LosLobo

9 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

A suggested reason for the search has been released in an article by Washington Post.

The Washington Post: FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence for classified nuclear documents.

The Washington Post: FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence for classified nuclear documents - CNNPolitics

Yes thanks saw that, there's a new OP on it here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1268625-garland-said-he-moved-to-unseal-trump-search-warrant-defends-doj-from-attack/

Nuclear docs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Excel said:

That link does not open

It's all over the media now.

"Docs related to nuclear weapons"

One would be hard pressed to understand why a Game Show host would need to retain Top Secret docs related to nuclear weapons. Certainly it's both dangerous to have such material at a private club, besides being a felony.

There's actually a funny irony hidden in this:

The QAnon drivel was started by a guy claiming to have a "Q Clearance", which was portrayed as a super duper top top top only the select few with access to everything everywhere clearance.

What a Q Clearance actually is is a clearance that gives one access to nuke related intel. It's not a big deal, but someone who works the North Korea or Iran target, or who needs to visit Los Alamos or Oak Ridge, might need to add that to his TS/SCI

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Always wondered about the backstory of this one:

Chinese woman who entered Mar-a-Lago with malware federally charged

Perhaps it was no secret in the intelligence community that the place was an open spigot of info.

I know this has been in the public domain for years, so there is nothing classified....

Friend and foe alike took full advantage of the extremely poor security practiced by 45 when he was in office. Everyone from Russia to China to Iran to North Korea to Israel set up the means to eavesdrop on 45's phone calls from the White House, where he often used his personal, non-secure phone. Many foreign intel services didn't even need to recruit assets in his Admin, as just monitoring his phone gave them everything they needed.

He has a long history of being loose with matters of natsec, and has this infantile need to show off and tell folks things they don't need to know all in the hope of impressing people. I would guess that awareness of his behavior played some role in the judge signing off on the search warrant.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

For those who can get past the paywall:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

IF this is true, it is a really BFD.  There is no legitimate reason and no excuse for highly classified nuclear information to be at Mar-a-Lago. 

I'm tempted to speculate on why Trump would want such documents, but I'll wait for more information.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

For those who can get past the paywall:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/11/garland-trump-mar-a-lago/

IF this is true, it is a really BFD.  There is no legitimate reason and no excuse for highly classified nuclear information to be at Mar-a-Lago. 

I'm tempted to speculate on why Trump would want such documents, but I'll wait for more information.

An ex President had documents related to nuclear stuff securely locked up at home?? Whatever next?! I wonder if he went so far as to sell our uranium to Russia? That would be extremely bad, wouldn't it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

An ex President had documents related to nuclear stuff securely locked up at home?? Whatever next?! I wonder if he went so far as to sell our uranium to Russia? That would be extremely bad, wouldn't it.

And there we have it! Everything we need to know about you and where you are coming from in one uranium loaded sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

This is what happens when an ex president accuses the FBI of planting evidence.

An armed man decked out in body armor tried to breach a security screening area at an FBI field office Thursday, then fled and was injured in an exchange of gunfire in an hourslong standoff with law enforcement that persisted into late afternoon, authorities said.

The confrontation that began at the FBI’s Cincinnati office came as officials warned of an increase in threats against federal agents in the days following a search of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

https://apnews.com/article/fbi-cincinnati-armed-man-b4701596a0eb9770e3b29e95328f5704

Hardly surprising attacks on the FBI have started when Republicans like Paul Gosar, U.S. representative for Arizona's 4th congressional district tweet this rhetoric:

image.png.0f623c1560726a9117f8457323003095.png

https://twitter.com/RepGosar/status/1556821907726630915

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, it comes from those who invariably support Trump's actions as President but just say they disapprove of flaws in his character or personality. Big deal.

By actions I presume you meant to say policies. Then yes. 

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

She is a far Right conspiracy theorist 

"Marjorie Taylor Greene, also known by her initials MTG, is an American politician, businesswoman, and far-right conspiracy theorist "

'

And the big majority of Republicans who believe that the election was stolen aren't?

Only on the grounds that once would have been considered rightwing lunacy in now mainstream in the Republican party.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, I don't take much notice of extremists .

They are entertainers whose job it is to be outrageous and extreme and they thrive on the publicity 

You would do well to take more note.  Here' contact with her from the Cincinnati FBI shooter:

34 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

James Comey and Christopher Wrey have already done so...just trying to clean-up their mess.

I agree that James Comey throwing the 2016 election to Donald Trump by reopening the email investigation days before the election was appalling, but I don't think he intentionally politicized the Justice Department. 

Other than that I don't understand what your post is supposed to mean.

• Like 1