CRF VS DTRACKER

Does anyone have experience with both?  I used to own a 250 DTracker (street tires) and I loved it except the seat was hard as rock, is the Honda CRF the same or they have a softer seat? Also any other major differences between the 2 and would you buy one over the other? 

The reason I like these types of bikes is they are the safest bikes to ride in Thailand. Been in plenty of accidents and scooters and sport bikes slap the ground instantly and you with it, breaking bones, but the taller "offroad" style bikes with street tires can do many things other bikes cant do well, they slide to a stop in emergencies without bailing most of time and when they do go down you have valuable seconds to get your feet under you and roll, saved my butt several times.  Not to mention driving through floods with ease.  My sportbike almost killed me but my DTracker saved the day repeatedly.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

Consensus seems to be that the D-Tracker is better offroad while the CRF is better on the street when comparing stock bikes.

As you will be running 17's I think they are much the same.

CRF has much more accessories available.

My CRF had a junk seat when stock - I had the seat modified and now I can spend all day on it and no numb bum. Also 2" risers for the bars. And Ohlins front and back.

Also had the 300 conversion done with all Honda parts

Edited by seedy

5 minutes ago, seedy said:

Consensus seems to be that the D-Tracker is better offroad while the CRF is better on the street.

As you will be running 17's I think they are much the same.

CRF has much more accessories available.

My CRF had a junk seat when stock - I had the seat modified and now I can spend all day on it and no numb bum. Also 2" risers for the bars. And Ohlins front and back.

Also had the 300 conversion done with all Honda parts

Nice, did you get the seat modified in Bangkok?  Where?  This is something I absolutely will have to do, my soft tushie cant take more than 5 minutes on a stock seat.  

Why the 2" risers?

Do all CRF come with the option to upgrade to 300?  How much was that.

Thankyou

Edited by TheLaughingMan