“Way to a million” Soi Dog hits 750,000 sterilisations in Thailand

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

At least they do something to solve a problem ...

instead of the many forum members who are just moaning and complaining , but do nothing , or worse , just spread hatred against dogs .

I think the dogs themselves and unconcerned owners do enough of that. And by the way, the problem remains unsolved. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, or owners that have given up on the responsibility. 

Yep, mostly. I used to live near the beach in Rayong, near to a cluster of seafood restaurants. Cars would draw up to the beach and throw out dogs that had been family pets, and just abandon them, thinking that people on the beach would feed them from their tables.  (Same at Buddhist temples).

Obviously puppies  / gifts that had grown past their 'cute' stage, and required food and exercise. Pretty heartbreaking to see the dogs try to run back to the cars as they drive off, tbh.

Anyway, well done to Soi Dog for making a difference.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

At least they do something to solve a problem ...

instead of the many forum members who are just moaning and complaining , but do nothing , or worse , just spread hatred against dogs .

....and how many will you be taking home to care for?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

If there was an anti soi dog foundation slotting them I would certainly contribute to that,.Unfortunately doing anything effective is not allowed, so we have these people who pretend they have a solution , when the numbers and streets prove otherwise

I would also join the Anti Soi Dog Foundation if there was one. Only a backward third world country lets its feral dogs roam wild among its population. These self righteous people, especially the  Westerners, should adopt these feral dogs and take them back to their own country if the are so concerned.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Patong2 said:

Despite being very cynical initially about Soi Dog's efforts I have been amazed at the difference they have made to the dog problem around Patong and Phuket especially since the Tsunami. Dogs were a problem and everywhere in Patong in the early 2000's and that has noticeably improved year on year until they were hardly noticeable on my early morning walks.

Some were aggressive and it detracted from the ambience of the beautiful beach.

I do note that there has been an increase in dog numbers the last year or so during Covid but I have not seen any problems.

The beach dogs seem to treat lowly foreigners with disdain and are not a nuisance at the moment.

Soi Dog has certainly helped in Patong and are worthy of support.

Actually I think I have noticed a difference  here in parts of Pattaya  too.