Doesn’t the TAT want tourists here in Thailand?

webfact

17 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not quite the same is it, ones a tourist location so should be easy,as they want the tourists and long stayers,  the other two are a place where immigrants want to enter illegally 

There is a big problem here with illegal immigrants. There are even agents in Pattaya that help them bypass immigration requirements for £500. As a result, we get undesirables, who have fake year visas. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, milesinnz said:

"Of course, the idea is that the longer they stay the more money they will spend"... wow such insight... I never knew such insight existed in people in high places in Thailand.. I am astounded...

I would expect there is more money to be made getting more of them in....  do many working people really have the opportunity to have so long off work? Anyhow, if 45 days, not needing to get a tourist Visa is to attract more the proposed arrival charge will be the deterrent to cancel that out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, milesinnz said:

I think there are a good number of older people who have the time to travel around the world at leisure.. you don't have to be that wealthy... I get a one month extension when I am in Thailand... better if I did not have to apply for this...

Would 45 days cover it then or would you still be looking to extend? I think the mass market of big numbers from China/India are more in their sights. 

• Like 2

...and no medical insurance cover verification announced, which would be very easy to put in place.... when they continuously claim foreigners contract debts in Thai hospitals, preferring to pressurize long term expats who are however easier to trace and mainly have a private medical insurance covering the costs which Thai rules don t accept if not Thai insurance..

Have a nice day

This is sure to be an unpopular opinion, but with the new, enlightened legalization of herbs, I would prefer they don't also start handing out 90-day tickets to everyone who shows up.  If you're too high to organize your extension of stay then hey, sorry, but NorCal always needs trimmigrants so better luck next time?

Here in Europe people are slowly starting to hear about the legalize-it happenings and it will surely be a factor in travel plans soon.  Hopefully nobody gets strung up in the city-state as a result.