Donald Trump says he invoked 5th Amendment in deposition for New York investigation

Scott

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

A smart move. Anyone with decent legal advice would do the same thing.

Well, more likely a necessary move if the choice is between losing money or going to prison. This way, since he's said nothing, there's no testimony to use in a criminal prosecution. But as already pointed out, it does hurt his chances in a civil case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I thought that you had been following the news and would have known about it :

"Today, to have 30 FBI agents, actually more than that, descend on Mar-a-Largo, give absolutely no notice, go through the gate, start ransacking an office, ransacking a closet, you know — they broke into a safe. He didn't even have anything in the safe," Eric Trump told Fox News.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/eric-trump-safe-breached-fbi-mar-a-lago-search-empty

Uncouth FBI agents not to have given any notice. Surely they could have sent a card with an RSVP.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

One would think that stealing from a charity, scamming students with a fake university, cheating at golf, tax shirking, draft dodging, wife cheating, bankrupt, caught robbing the inauguration funds, election fraudster, inept, unprepared, lazy, habitual liar, racist, bigot, childish, hothead, homophobe that cheats contractors & acting like an imbecile embarrassing himself and country would be enough to turn some people off.

Some people actually like him.

5555555.....impressive list.  That almost covers it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Where? I haven't read that. How very Trumpian, implying a fact without evidence.

What's the liklihood that a billionaire in a hundred room mansion has an empty safe?

The FBI had requested numerous papers from Donald ?

Maybe Donald had given the FBI all his papers and there was nothing left in the safe ?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 2baht said:

Lock him up!

I do not know if its only me but somehow I feel that there are discussions, investigations, even raids, long lists of criminal facts, plus endless other activities of all sorts of comitees but de facto nothing substantial is really happening.

No indictment, no court case - just nothing of substantial real importance to him. The Donald must bubble over with laughter. Maybe he does not even care (much). The lawyers will take care of it and the US legal system seems to protect him in many ways.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I do not know if its only me but somehow I feel that there are discussions, investigations, even raids, long lists of criminal facts, plus endless other activities of all sorts of comitees but de facto nothing substantial is really happening.

No indictment, no court case - just nothing of substantial real importance to him. The Donald must bubble over with laughter. Maybe he does not even care (much). The lawyers will take care of it and the US legal system seems to protect him in many ways.

Dont forget that Trump will get jailed as soon as he leaves office , because being President protects him from the law and being prosecuted , as I recall being told a few years ago 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Trump gave economy 1.9% inflation.

Biden gives economy 9.1% inflation.

Hatred of Trump is inspired by Democrat misleading media.

This raid on Mar a Lago is proof that US will be the new USSR

if Democrats retain power.

That's your secret little wish for the US to become the USSR, we know

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Dont forget that Trump will get jailed as soon as he leaves office , because being President protects him from the law and being prosecuted , as I recall being told a few years ago 

Biden would actually pardon him before that happened. The precedent has been set.

6 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Can we wait until he commits a crime, has a fair trial, and gets sentenced first? I realize that the sheer hatred against Donald Trump is such that most of the left just want him locked up without reason, or just because "they know" he is guilty of unspecified crimes, but without due process just locking him up would be a sign the USA is in fact a banana republic(which some of us realize after this fishing expedition and storming of Trumps home on flimsy excuses).

What stands out to me most, is that this visceral hatred of Trump is for such reasons that he cheated Mrs Clinton out of her win because he colluded with Vladimir Putin to cheat in the 2016 election, he got peed on by hookers in a bed that Barack Obama slept in when he was on a Russian trip, he called the military "suckers and losers", he forced his way on to Stormy Daniels, his supporters put a noose around the neck of and sprayed bleach onto a young LGBT black actor, and on and on. Sounds like such a terrible guy. Yet all these reasons for hatred were all hoaxes. All big fat lies ginned up to smear Donald Trump and cause those without well developed critical thinking skills to blindly hate the man.

And here we are. Good luck Mr Trump.

He's already committed crimes that got him impeached. Twice. The walls are closing in. People have had enough of this grifter's nose-thumbing at laws he feels apply to everyone but him. He even tightened the laws that will bite him in the a$$. I personally can't wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but there is momentum building to FINALLY hold him accountable.

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well, his lawyers have been doing a great job putting the brakes on judicial processes. Although eventually theyi keep on losing. Which is par for the course if you're a Trump lawyer. It look like at least some of that delay has reached an end.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LarrySR said:

He makes a fool of himself every time he speaks and he never shuts up.

sorry but have to add something to your post..... He makes a fool of himself Every Time he opens his mouth  555

29 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

How anyone can listen to him for more than 30 seconds without realizing what a conman he is is absolutely perplexing. I honestly don't get how anyone can buy his bullsh!t.

30 seconds it's too long for me, I switch channel as soon as he shows up and opens his mouth

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What's sadder is the he makes fools of his supporters.

if they are his supporters they deserve it.... I know the guy for the past 40+ years, never liked him and it only got worse, 3 words..... Lock Him Up

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you know the film "Jacob's Ladder" (1990). I felt first a bit like that reading your comment. Or am I dreaming ? No - not the case, just performed a reality check. So I must be right to assume that he HAS left office and he is NOT president anymore but someone called Biden ?

So why should he not be accountable and somehow being protected from being prosecuted ?

38 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

He's already committed crimes that got him impeached. Twice. The walls are closing in. People have had enough of this grifter's nose-thumbing at laws he feels apply to everyone but him. He even tightened the laws that will bite him in the a$$. I personally can't wait.

• Like 2