Qatar airways who is right?

proton

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It was business class.... they all (seats) have direct isle access.

Not on many of the B777-300ERs currently being used on QR832.  The past couple of days it's been 2x2x2 layout so if the OP has just arrived he could have been on one of these.

Even one A380 flight was substituted a few days go for a 2x2x2 A330.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Makes sense to me!

(I can only dream of affording business class and yet I can't think of any circumstances under which I would lose sleep over B2,900!)

Especially after paying 100,000 for Business class ticket.  555

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jcmj said:

You can get as mad as you’d like about the changes on your flight but if you have travelled at all recently you should know that due to staff shortages and lack of clients they change often. 30 minutes to wait till they clean the plane?? Wouldn’t you be moaning more if it was dirty? And the food every time I have flown business with them is on demand and very tasty. Either you are high maintenance expecting everything to be perfect or you had an off day. Luckily you can cancel the return flight and book with another airline. 

I have read of others 'moaning' about being stuck on buses while they cleaned the plane. Why is it difficult to leave boarding until their planes are ready? Food was inedible and better in economy. 

53 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Qatar is having all sorts of problems lately. Change of plane is now almost a certainty. You think you've booked a Q-Suite, then with a plane change you get something with standard 2-2-2 seating...no Q Suites. Qatar with a Q-Suite is a nice ride, but without Q-Suite Qatar is no different from any other bulk livestock mover.

Qatar also initiated a new policy where ticket prices vary depending on whether you get to choose your Bus Class seat or not. You can book the cheaper ticket, then pay extra to book a seat, but since the plane is oing to be changed anyway and whatever Q Suite you selected won't exist, it's a mug's game.

Qatar seems to have gotten a little too full of itself. Flying Qatar today is almost like flying an entirely different airline from before Covid.

Somebody who knows what they are talking about at last. Qatar still boast it's the number one airline! I did get Q class on both legs, one was pretty good the other awful mainly due to the disgusting food offerings and seat with broken controls.

4 hours ago, jcmj said:

You can get as mad as you’d like about the changes on your flight but if you have travelled at all recently you should know that due to staff shortages and lack of clients they change often. 30 minutes to wait till they clean the plane?? Wouldn’t you be moaning more if it was dirty? And the food every time I have flown business with them is on demand and very tasty. Either you are high maintenance expecting everything to be perfect or you had an off day. Luckily you can cancel the return flight and book with another airline. 

Yeah Qatar is a superb airline and has arguably some of the best business and first class food in the sky. I use them regularly always fly business and occasionally first on really long trips, so I know whats what with this class of flying.

The issue, gripe of not getting a window seat in a 1-2-1 or similar sparse seating compartment is hilarious to say the least.

Of course there are glitches in service sometimes.

When booking the different legs are clearly stated and seating is available to be selected (a choice for the passenger to select or not) across all legs.

I have had less than perfect service with the ME3 (which is my mainstay when flying) especially during, and as the chaos of the Covid disruption hallo dissolves. But these less than stellar experiences have been very rare. Qatar is definitely a marque airline.

As for waiting in lines in the airbridge as a business or first passenger thats on you ... you can delay boarding without any issue (as is a perk of such class flying) and never stand in queues like that by simply checking with the concierge desk in the lounge as to when to board. Qatary ground lounge staff are most helpful and efficient in such things. They will tell you if the flight is on schedule or if any delays (like cleaning of an aircraft) are likely to be present and you can simple return to your plush lounge seat and drink another glass of free champagne until the staff come and let you know boarding is okay to do.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

EVA Air is better. Non stop flights from LHR to BKK. All new aircraft.

Non stop from the UK is not available for most of us so a stop will always be required.  With the Middle East airlines serving so many provincial airports it's no wonder so many are using them rather than going through LHR.

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yeah Qatar is a superb airline and has arguably some of the best business and first class food in the sky. I use them regularly always fly business and occasionally first on really long trips, so I know whats what with this class of flying.

The issue, gripe of not getting a window seat in a 1-2-1 or similar sparse seating compartment is hilarious to say the least.

Of course there are glitches in service sometimes.

When booking the different legs are clearly stated and seating is available to be selected (a choice for the passenger to select or not) across all legs.

I have had less than perfect service with the ME3 (which is my mainstay when flying) especially during, and as the chaos of the Covid disruption hallo dissolves. But these less than stellar experiences have been very rare. Qatar is definitely a marque airline.

As for waiting in lines in the airbridge as a business or first passenger thats on you ... you can delay boarding without any issue (as is a perk of such class flying) and never stand in queues like that by simply checking with the concierge desk in the lounge as to when to board. Qatary ground lounge staff are most helpful and efficient in such things. They will tell you if the flight is on schedule or if any delays (like cleaning of an aircraft) are likely to be present and you can simple return to your plush lounge seat and drink another glass of free champagne until the staff come and let you know boarding is okay to do.

Food was not fit for animals, well maybe just about and far worse than their economy, the drink selections were good though. As for boarding they always call biz etc first, why do that when the plane is not ready to be boarded, kids, elderly and disabled stuck in the heat on an airbridge for over half an hour is just the result of incompetence. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, proton said:

I ended up contacting the head of customer service in Dohar,

I made a complaint to Qatar some years back, no response, after the second letter I received a voucher for USD250 in the post, no accompanying apology or anything, just a voucher.

Worst customer service I have ever come across.

Here in the UK I had a train delay a couple of days ago, never even thought about compensation. Received an email from the train company telling me I was entitled, got about 60% of the fare back.

• Like 1

Do you still have to wear masks on long haul Qatar flights, via Doha to Europe?

I'm about to embark on my first long haul (Business Class) flight for nearly 4 years. Always loved Qatar Business then, so hope it will be as good.

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

I met somebody else who got caught in a similar situation.

Every time a flight is changed you need to re-reserve your seat.

Of course they don't inform you of this. I logged in out of paranoia when my (economy!) flight with Qatar Air was "changed", only to find that, despite paying for legroom seats, they'd reassigned me to a standard seat. I moved it back with no additional charge. The person who was (eventually...) sitting next to me hadn't checked and was moved by a flight attendant because there happened to be an empty seat available with the specification he'd paid for. His wife wasn't quite so lucky...

I think this is a problem stemming from an inadequate system when they cancel and merge flights.

Good info

The OP gave up  too easily. He should continue his efforts and create a letter of complaint concentrating on the poor  service and repeatedly send  it Qatar Airways- to various  departments but CCing it to multiple  lists of people, all his family,  all his  colleagues,  all his Pals and point out  repeatedly the inefficiency of the air line and their  fundamental flaw in their  business  model.  Who is the  CEO of Qatar  Airways? Email him and Cc the email mail to the King of Qatar.  NEVER GIVE UP. Offer to take compensation in air miles.  In the end  you will win.

• Like 1

I've just been flying Qatar on monkey class with free seating, and I got my window seats on both legs...????

The food was by the way Okay for the monkey-status, but of course not as what used to be served on the more expensive biz-class...????

Airlines - they serious suck a$$.... 

Currently dealing with compensation claims each for delays of over 24 hours. 

According to EU law I’m owed €1800 Euro’s total (€600 for each flight - 2x of us on one airline delayed for over 24 hrs, and gain me on another airline, delayed for over 24 hours).

One Airline replied with € 250 lowballing me and told me the the claim is closed !!! 

The other Airline e-mailed with the offer of €600 but only for one passenger not two !!!

Of course, its impossible to get hold of anyone. Their e-mails are sent out from a no-reply e-mail. 

So each time I have to start a new complaint...

Its their game - just to make us give up...  what can we do ???...  Just keep on going, but all they have to do is keep delaying, lowballing and on and on.

I’ve already filed formal complaints with IATA but have not had any response from them, they must be so busy with so many complaints already !

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I've just been flying Qatar on monkey class with free seating, and I got my window seats on both legs...????

The food was by the way Okay for the monkey-status, but of course not as what used to be served on the more expensive biz-class...????

I preferred economy food to the muck they served up in biz class, you did get champagne and good wine, port and brandy though so that made up for it. One thing I did not mention with the cheapest biz class tickets you do not have access to the biz lounge at Heathrow, but they let me in anyway which was excellent, food there was amazing.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I made a complaint to Qatar some years back, no response, after the second letter I received a voucher for USD250 in the post, no accompanying apology or anything, just a voucher.

Worst customer service I have ever come across.

Here in the UK I had a train delay a couple of days ago, never even thought about compensation. Received an email from the train company telling me I was entitled, got about 60% of the fare back.

I had a train 2 hours late to Cambridge a couple of years ago, full fare back with no argument or excuses, not so Qatar.

12 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Qatar is having all sorts of problems lately. Change of plane is now almost a certainty. You think you've booked a Q-Suite, then with a plane change you get something with standard 2-2-2 seating...no Q Suites. Qatar with a Q-Suite is a nice ride, but without Q-Suite Qatar is no different from any other bulk livestock mover.

Qatar also initiated a new policy where ticket prices vary depending on whether you get to choose your Bus Class seat or not. You can book the cheaper ticket, then pay extra to book a seat, but since the plane is oing to be changed anyway and whatever Q Suite you selected won't exist, it's a mug's game.

Qatar seems to have gotten a little too full of itself. Flying Qatar today is almost like flying an entirely different airline from before Covid.

I agree having been caught out recently flying from Bangkok to Manchester return business class that use of the Business class lounge in Manchester wasn’t included unless I paid extra to enter

Apart from that everything else was excellent but have advised them that they will lose my patronage with that nonsense.

Probably don’t care

3 hours ago, proton said:

I preferred economy food to the muck they served up in biz class, you did get champagne and good wine, port and brandy though so that made up for it. One thing I did not mention with the cheapest biz class tickets you do not have access to the biz lounge at Heathrow, but they let me in anyway which was excellent, food there was amazing.

I also got champagne, when asking for white wine, and free cognac or liqueur for the coffee...???? 

• Like 1