Qatar airways who is right?

proton

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve already filed formal complaints with IATA but have not had any response from them, they must be so busy with so many complaints already !

If you are in the UK it is not IATA but ADR(Airline Dispute Resolution) you should turn to.

https://www.aviationadr.org.uk/

I have had an Easyjet flight cancelled recently, and had to make 3 claims, ticket refund, expenses for alternative journey and compensation under UK261(previously EU directive 261)

They paid the ticket fairly quickly but dragged their feet on the other 2. With the compensation they only paid out for me, it took 2 further claims before they paid out for my wife.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, proton said:

I had a train 2 hours late to Cambridge a couple of years ago, full fare back with no argument or excuses, not so Qatar.

Yes, when I said about 60% that was what they had put in the email.

I got approval yesterday and it was the full fare.

A couple of years ago I got about 30% for a 20 minute delay.

Airlines need to up their game.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 8:36 PM, treetops said:

Not on many of the B777-300ERs currently being used on QR832.  The past couple of days it's been 2x2x2 layout so if the OP has just arrived he could have been on one of these.

Even one A380 flight was substituted a few days go for a 2x2x2 A330.

Yes, seems a lot of companies are doing this, changing flights and plane type. Quatar is famous for this and one man got a 15 hr layover instead of 2.  In January, flight full, I 

booked biz on Emirates with reserved  single seat , the flight turned out to be a 777 /300 with only double seating, And it was an older plane !!! Was not happy. Across the aisle was a mad lady who watched films throughout flight and laughed out loud. No, I’m not a miserable person, and I fly biz due to lombago. 

4 minutes ago, geisha said:

Yes, seems a lot of companies are doing this, changing flights and plane type. Quatar is famous for this and one man got a 15 hr layover instead of 2.  In January, flight full, I 

booked biz on Emirates with reserved  single seat , the flight turned out to be a 777 /300 with only double seating, And it was an older plane !!! Was not happy. Across the aisle was a mad lady who watched films throughout flight and laughed out loud. No, I’m not a miserable person, and I fly biz due to lombago. 

Agreed - Qatar Airways are particularly poor for this. 

I have booked Q-Suites in the past only to be seated in the standard seat after the air craft was changed (Qatar have 3 types of business class seat and and Q-suites are a world apart).

Two months ago Qatar Airways changed the time of my DOH-BKK flight. 

A week before travel it was as scheduled. Two days before I double checked and found that instead of departing at 2am, it departed at 8am - this meant I had an 8 hour lay over instead of a 2 hour layover. 

I was lucky, I was able to book a ’sleep pod’ in Doha Airport for 6 hours....  But they were busy and I saw people being turned away. 

The Onyx Airport hotel was already fully booked. 

I’d been up nearly 24 hrs so would have been quite annoyed had I not been able to book a sleep pod or hotel.

---------

I accept that Airlines have issues and can’t always make schedule, however, they perform terribly when something goes wrong. 

What I particularly object to is:

- Its impossible to speak to a person of decision making power to solve complaints or compensation issues.

- The atrocious or absent communication (Qatar)

- The terrible hotel they put me up in (Turkish)

- The response from a ’no reply’ e-mail so its difficult to follow up on a claim (Emirates)

- The time it takes from ‘cancelled flight to actually leaving the airport to a hotel’ (Turkish / Emirates - both tool 4 hours of messing around). 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:14 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Airlines - they serious suck a$$.... 

Currently dealing with compensation claims each for delays of over 24 hours. 

According to EU law I’m owed €1800 Euro’s total (€600 for each flight - 2x of us on one airline delayed for over 24 hrs, and gain me on another airline, delayed for over 24 hours).

One Airline replied with € 250 lowballing me and told me the the claim is closed !!! 

The other Airline e-mailed with the offer of €600 but only for one passenger not two !!!

Of course, its impossible to get hold of anyone. Their e-mails are sent out from a no-reply e-mail. 

So each time I have to start a new complaint...

Its their game - just to make us give up...  what can we do ???...  Just keep on going, but all they have to do is keep delaying, lowballing and on and on.

I’ve already filed formal complaints with IATA but have not had any response from them, they must be so busy with so many complaints already !

Hi, look on the Air Travel forums ! They are full of complaints , mostly valid. Qatar airlines are often mentioned. Emirates have gone rapidly downhill in quality. My last biz class was awful, an old plane, and the food was terrible. Drinks are always good on all flights which doesn’t make up for the lowering of good standard.  I will no longer accept this and change to other companies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Hi, look on the Air Travel forums ! They are full of complaints , mostly valid. Qatar airlines are often mentioned. Emirates have gone rapidly downhill in quality. My last biz class was awful, an old plane, and the food was terrible. Drinks are always good on all flights which doesn’t make up for the lowering of good standard.  I will no longer accept this and change to other companies.

Unfortunately....  sometimes there is no option depending on timing, routing destination.... Or, even the airline we complained about is still the best option !! - Sometimes things go wrong, but they all seem to handle these issues very poorly. 

We recently had a terrible experience with Emirates are still struggling to get the due compensation (and I won’t give up on principle), but, we have booked with Emirates again as other options are worse still. 

• Like 1