Considering installing Solar.

We would like to invest as well in Solar Energy for our house but I do not have the slightest knowledge about the subject.

So I am aiming at a real one-stop solution where I need to tell the supplier only:  "We want a solar system which reduces electricity cost the most". And this is all information he is getting. After that I expect him to come up with an offer for cost overall and the expected pay-back period (resp. the energy cost we would save)

I suspect he will start first to investigate which devices we operate take how much energy and then go from there incl. solutions to feed energy back to the grid.

This implies that the supplier I will choose must be really reliable and experienced with proven track records and recommendations, still reasonably priced if possible. My approach needs a lot of trust not to fall flat on my face. I am aware of that and I am as well aware where we are.

So I am asking: Does anybody know a supplier that meets the criteria fully in the vicinity of Chonburi / Pattaya ?

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Even when drop shipped from china?

Should not be possible to ad any cost as long as the trade is kept within Lazada system. I have got much on Lazada from China and it use to be much faster than normal ordering from China. Use cash on the delivery to be on the sure side?

Pink

36 minutes ago, moogradod said:

We would like to invest as well in Solar Energy for our house but I do not have the slightest knowledge about the subject.

So I am aiming at a real one-stop solution where I need to tell the supplier only:  "We want a solar system which reduces electricity cost the most". And this is all information he is getting. After that I expect him to come up with an offer for cost overall and the expected pay-back period (resp. the energy cost we would save)

I suspect he will start first to investigate which devices we operate take how much energy and then go from there incl. solutions to feed energy back to the grid.

This implies that the supplier I will choose must be really reliable and experienced with proven track records and recommendations, still reasonably priced if possible. My approach needs a lot of trust not to fall flat on my face. I am aware of that and I am as well aware where we are.

So I am asking: Does anybody know a supplier that meets the criteria fully in the vicinity of Chonburi / Pattaya ?

In Thailand, it does not make economic sense to go through a company for the install. The pay back period is too long for what they are asking. I recommend you gain some friends that have some knowledge on how to purchase the individual items and install. It's not that much harder than putting together Ikea furniture if you grasp electronics well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Should not be possible to ad any cost as long as the trade is kept within Lazada system. I have got much on Lazada from China and it use to be much faster than normal ordering from China. Use cash on the delivery to be on the sure side?

Pink

I've had before where customs simply seizes the item and won't release it until you travel to the main office and pay tax. Unless there is specific agreement that Lazada products will be let through I think it is possible for bigger more expensive items it will be stopped by customs for anything that comes outside of Thailand. Until now I've only ordered products less than a few thousand baht on Lazada. I'm still waiting on reply from powmr seller. sometimes I wonder why people start up businesses when they don't want to do business at all. 

2 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

In Thailand, it does not make economic sense to go through a company for the install. The pay back period is too long for what they are asking. I recommend you gain some friends that have some knowledge on how to purchase the individual items and install. It's not that much harder than putting together Ikea furniture if you grasp electronics well.

Thanks for the tip. Will have an eye on that. Apart from Economics at Zurich University I have as well studied Electronic Engineering at the ETH Zurich. The grasping is not really the problem if I study the subject a bit (which I am lazy to do).

I see the problem in any friends pretending they would know how to choose the highest quality items needed (I no need no Chinese crap) and the precision and security ☠️ of the actual installation. They need experience from multiple installations. I do not have any friends that fulfill this requirement. I am 67 and crawling up to the houses roof is no more anyway ????. It may cost a bit and even if its a ROI withing 10 years or even more this would be fine. If the components are not that durable itself, then this is the wrong stuff anyway.

Not sure why there is not more investment in solar. Perhaps the oil and coal companies are threatening them with whatever or paying them off to stop productions.

Quick question, why can't I find a cheap solar charge controller that handles a series string of panels to about 500v. It seems it's only available in the hybrid inverters to do this. The ones all over AliExpress have a max pv input off around 50v so you would need to wire everything in parallel which means thick wires , more panel protection , less efficiency. 

Actually. Think I'm just gonna go the basic route. No battery system. Free power while sun is shining. Us a basic inverter that requires 340ish DC that converts to 240ac. Cheap boards cost about 3000 baht for 5kw. Probably give a good 15 amp continuous. A few YouTube vids but in Thai about it. 

Screenshot_20230429-123814.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

You could try Solarwert - a German (I think) owned company based in Rayong.

They have a FaceBook page where you can see some of the prices for their package systems... not cheap though, but the quality of installation looks good.

image.png.62cd90cb61eba7ef6d7d709d5dfa426c.png

Alternatively you could try Captain DIY - a Thai company that has installed many systems predominantly in Isaan but has done some in Chonburi as well.

He too has a Facebook page where you can see some of the kit he has installed... his prices are reasonable, and the quality of installation also looks good.

Being Thai, his English is not perfect but it is passable and if you persevere with getting your ideas across so that he fully understands what you want, he will give you a very competitive price to supply and install a system.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Encid said:

You could try Solarwert - a German (I think) owned company based in Rayong.

They have a FaceBook page where you can see some of the prices for their package systems... not cheap though, but the quality of installation looks good.

image.png.62cd90cb61eba7ef6d7d709d5dfa426c.png

Alternatively you could try Captain DIY - a Thai company that has installed many systems predominantly in Isaan but has done some in Chonburi as well.

He too has a Facebook page where you can see some of the kit he has installed... his prices are reasonable, and the quality of installation also looks good.

Being Thai, his English is not perfect but it is passable and if you persevere with getting your ideas across so that he fully understands what you want, he will give you a very competitive price to supply and install a system.

Thank you very much. Yes this seems to be a German company. (Un)fortunately I do not have Facebook and never will. I dont use Twitter or Line or anything else Social Media like (exept AN ????) as well. Causes stomach pain if I only hear the names. But I can maybe find out about it using the other links or really email the boss directly. Same with Captain DIY. Although DIY is out of  the question. I want a professional make it properly.

Just now, moogradod said:

Thank you very much. Yes this seems to be a German company. (Un)fortunately I do not have Facebook and never will. I dont use Twitter or Line or anything else Social Media like (exept AN ????) as well. Causes stomach pain if I only hear the names. But I can maybe find out about it using the other links or really email the boss directly. Same with Captain DIY. Although DIY is out of  the question. I want a professional make it properly.

[email protected]

065 580 9888

[email protected]

097 107 4253

And CaptainDIY is just his trade name... he is most definitely a professional solar consultant.

You might not use/like social media platforms, but you can see some of his work and interests on YouTube.

Just a disclaimer here... I am not in any way affiliated with either of these two companies, but I have seen their work and was impressed by their professionalism.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 12:41 PM, TimeMachine said:

Actually. Think I'm just gonna go the basic route. No battery system. Free power while sun is shining. Us a basic inverter that requires 340ish DC that converts to 240ac. Cheap boards cost about 3000 baht for 5kw. Probably give a good 15 amp continuous. A few YouTube vids but in Thai about it. 

Screenshot_20230429-123814.jpg

What about the inverters that plug into a power socket in your house?  Seen people mention these, by Suoer(?).  Can anyone who knows more about these add some info?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

What about the inverters that plug into a power socket in your house?  Seen people mention these, by Suoer(?).  Can anyone who knows more about these add some info?

The one I got can use the grids power at night by using a mixer board, basically just rectifies the ac to DC and joins to the DC of the solar panels . Grid tied needs to be described further  as something that joins and uses grids power at night or ones that actually can feed back into the grid. Mine and the video posted are the former.