legal to sell land in this way?

21 hours ago, Excel said:

We don't know which Land department you will be dealing with. However my advice would be to completely ignore wasting money on lawyers.   Simply go (  with a Thai speaker ) to the relevant land office and ask them directly what, if any, issues may be.  They are generally very helpful.

I have purchased ,  and sold,  5 properties over the years..... using a POA  from my daughter .

here is what i have experienced ( 3 different locations / land offices ) .    Mostly done all on my own, but did have a lawyer involved (once mine...... another time the buyer had one) 

1.  If a "simple sale" ,   easiest being One Chanote being transfered/sold   between 2 individuals then with a proper POA  (usually land office will want a fairly recent one..... each office will tell you different times.  IN Fact,  everything will be up to the discretion of the office you are dealing with !!! )        

2. If the POA  is from a foreigner (being the buyer OR seller).......  then the POA form and ID and Tabien bahn must ALL BE NOTARIZED and also brought to the THAI embassy ( or done by post if allowed"  in the country where they are residing at time of sale.)   FOR VERIFICATION !

NONE of the Land Offices i dealt with would consider doing it any other way.   Period .

3.  Regarding payment :  If on the POA (if being sold)  the owner states that he wants the payment made to  so and so  .....  that has been accepted in my case .   I being the father and not Somchai  may have something to do with that.   Again... remember that most important DISCRETION  from No. 1

i have more than 10 experiences,  some easy and some not so much.   Most were not so hard,  but surprises and MAI DAI  were things i had to deal with.    KEEP COOL  at all times.   

NOTE:  i always tried to avoid having a lawyer involved.  once it helped me.   the time the buyer brought one it COMPLICATED  things .      

Edited by rumak
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Excel said:

We don't know which Land department you will be dealing with. However my advice would be to completely ignore wasting money on lawyers.   Simply go (  with a Thai speaker ) to the relevant land office and ask them directly what, if any, issues may be.  They are generally very helpful.

i forgot to say...... i always did what Excel recommends .    Go to the land dept you will be dealing with !    forget asking lawyers, friends, girlfriends brothers..... anyone other than me   hahaha

Think of all the facts and questions beforehand.   Keep it simple if possible.   I always asked the really important questions to a HUA NAH .    They were always helpful..... and later on in my dealings I learned to be "helpful"  to them as well   ????         

You would be amazed how they smile the next time you walk in.   BUT......they would not do anything illegal ,  just help to facilitate .

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...