State of Pai

BugJackBaron

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Most of them look like grandma with less teeth

I've had fantasies about getting with an Akha woman, partic if she leaves the silver head dress on. I've heard: Try Ak, and you never go back.

The long neck women attract me to, but I'm ashamed to say why.

But it's 10 PM. You're here posting, not slaying in a karaoke bar.

A slash and burn nomad willing to get down and get with it (thank you, Slade) would represent a giant ro-mance trip uptick for you.

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

I've had fantasies about getting with an Akha woman, partic if she leaves the silver head dress on. I've heard: Try Ak, and you never go back.

A slash and burn nomad willing to get down and get with it (thank you, Slade) would represent a giant ro-mance trip uptick for you.

Ive had 5 women already

21 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I think that's the white person price. You gotta like 'em on the moon-faced chubby side.

I was fortunate enough to meet up with someone from here who's had sex with a hill tribe person. All I can say is: respect.

But you too, MacManus; if you can make it here, there's a colon-cleansing smoothie with your name on. 

I had a long term hill tribe female friend for a few years , Lisu though, not Akka.

We did try to reproduce , but wasn't successful in that .

Still friends with her now , probably get over to visit this Christmas 

I bought the Lonely Planet Hilltribe phrase book and here in Pai they refused to take it as a trade in because they had too many of them from other dreamers like me who envisioned having a 'we are the world'-moment with an authentic-ish indigenous person who might show me a secret sacred tree in the forest, just because.

As a long time resident, how often do they mix with westerners? I'd guess language is a big barrier.

I also read a book that had a lot about Khun Sa, opium lord of the Shan State. He was like Scarface with Buddha's thrown in. 'Can't believe there hasn't been half a dozen movies about him.

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I bought the Lonely Planet Hilltribe phrase book and here in Pai they refused to take it as a trade in because they had too many of them from other dreamers like me who envisioned having a 'we are the world'-moment with an authentic-ish indigenous person who might show me a secret sacred tree in the forest, just because.

As a long time resident, how often do they mix with westerners? I'd guess language is a big barrier.

I also read a book that had a lot about Khun Sa, opium lord of the Shan State. He was like Scarface with Buddha's thrown in. 'Can't believe there hasn't been half a dozen movies about him.

Many hill tribe girls go and work the bars in CM and CR , they just wear different clothes . 

Hill tribe clothes in the village and normal clothes in the cities ,often just go to the city for the week-end and back home for the week days 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Hate to break or to you, but most hill tribe people are not living remote traditional hill tribe lives these days.

They are mixed up with the Thai yai and Thai people in every day life..in the countryside and in the city....but usually poorer than the average Thai person due to lack of opportunities and discrimination.  

The very academic book I read (from 2010, I think) about the Akha people says that for them to do a wage job instead doing their preferred Akha subsistence thing is their absolute last resort.

Surprisingly, they've thrived and been left alone more in China than in Thailand. In Thailand, the village head man is more likely to consolidate the land in his name only. He's also usually their only conduit to wage labor. 

My couple of weeks in Chiang Mai Old City had me noticing how very light skinned and attractive most of the tourist-facing workers were. I will def look out for people who are less so.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, LaosLover said:

My drug reviews are as of an hour ago.

I am unsure how explicit I am allowed to be here about drugs, but it is available in at least every 4th bar. Brownies are less frequently spotted.

P4P is a hard sell to hippies who brought their own thin GF with them. Def some crazy thinness going on with the young women of today.

I'm sure it's around. Locals seem to be on the light skinned and Chinese-looking side. Dispatch SparkTrader immediately.

Good review

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

The very academic book I read (from 2010, I think) about the Akha people says that for them to do a wage job instead doing their preferred Akha subsistence thing is their absolute last resort.

Surprisingly, they've thrived and been left alone more in China than in Thailand. In Thailand, the village head man is more likely to consolidate the land in his name only. He's also usually their only conduit to wage labor. 

My couple of weeks in Chiang Mai Old City had me noticing how very light skinned and attractive most of the tourist-facing workers were. I will def look out for people who are less so.

Interesting overview. BTW Have you Christopher Moore on the nuances of Thai culture

Been a while, but I read all of the Private Dancer-type books. I was glad to read on Stickman that these franchises are still carrying on.

The book I read was Border Landscapes; the politics of land use in China and Thailand -A grad-school level slog with a lot of what makes a border/how do nomads negotiate borders?-to wade through.

Akha people are well spread out and very inter-related so they're all about border-ignoring. Just like around the world, border ignoring/crossing is harder than it used to be. China has done a more benign job of turning the hill tribes into tourist gold. One big reason is that Chinese interest in hill tribes as a tourist destination is much greater than in Thailand.

Couldn't find a general interest, non-academic book about the hill tribes. Robert Cooper's books about Lao tribes are the closest to readability. He also wrote Culture Shock Laos. He's deceased for a few years now, was a friend.

I traded my 3 Hilltribe hardcover books for Rod Stewart's autobio at the Pai used bookstore. How that place survived Covid is a mystery. Maybe they're money launderers.

31 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Been a while, but I read all of the Private Dancer-type books. I was glad to read on Stickman that these franchises are still carrying on.

The book I read was Border Landscapes; the politics of land use in China and Thailand -A grad-school level slog with a lot of what makes a border/how do nomads negotiate borders?-to wade through.

Akha people are well spread out and very inter-related so they're all about border-ignoring. Just like around the world, border ignoring/crossing is harder than it used to be. China has done a more benign job of turning the hill tribes into tourist gold. One big reason is that Chinese interest in hill tribes as a tourist destination is much greater than in Thailand.

Couldn't find a general interest, non-academic book about the hill tribes. Robert Cooper's books about Lao tribes are the closest to readability. He also wrote Culture Shock Laos. He's deceased for a few years now, was a friend.

I traded my 3 Hilltribe hardcover books for Rod Stewart's autobio at the Pai used bookstore. How that place survived Covid is a mystery. Maybe they're money launderers.

Could be the bookstore Mafia ?

15 hours ago, LaosLover said:

You're saying that if you could have sex with a size 2, good looking backpacker, you'd wave her off with a disgusted, "no interest"?

Size 2! Sounds like your looking to get it on with Princess Tinyfeet!  Wait, we are talking shoe size, right?

images (5).jpeg

On 8/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, Sparktrader said:

Im bored in Isaan. Think I might go north!

Check our ARUNOTHAI some very lovely experiences up there. Quite amazing actually. Was there in October 2020 for their festival (lanterns etc.). Really friendly too.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:20 PM, LaosLover said:

You're saying that if you could have sex with a size 2, good looking backpacker, you'd wave her off with a disgusted, "no interest"?

If it were free and she didn't know my real name, nationality or where I lived I'd be OK with it. But the risk of 'regret rape accusations' and paternity payments would need to be close to ZERO.

https://scandasia.com/chiang-mai-rape-case-charges-dropped-against-two-19-year-old-danes/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/06/ordeal-ends-for-french-cop-accused-of-koh-tao-rape/

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 1:43 PM, BugJackBaron said:

I would expect some cannibals scene as it was always underground.

Well , it would be. Human flesh in Veganville would be a bit of a non starter.

Personally, I draw the line at a spit roast but each to his own.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:59 PM, LaosLover said:

Perhaps when they are kneeling down, they can still reach your deleted. ????

On 9/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

I had a Lisu girlfriend in Chiang Mai who was exceptionally beautiful,have you ever met any Hilltribe girls not selling wooden frogs around Khao San Road at all?

Two friends and I had this random encounter just after we arrived in Arunothai on the Thai/Burma border in October 2020. There was a bit misunderstood in the noise of the road however the lady's English was amazing. She said Chinese town with Akha people. Would not admit as "hilltribe" maybe not appropriate. Either way, these ladies were fun and definitely not selling wooden frogs on KSR. We had a great evening and would love to re-visit.