Bringing Meat into Thailand ?

lexxy

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

Try using the low to high (price) filter on Lazada. when you search.....You will get better results! :thumbsup:

Bovril.png

Many thanks Troy, I will do that, as I do miss Bovril...........:thumbsup:

Just ordered 2 jars at above price.          happy days.......

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Thanks 1

When I returned from the US this past February I brought in 10 pounds of beef jerky, and 10 pounds of the flavored beef pepperoni sticks.  I also had a frozen sleeve of filet mignons.  They were wrapped in a thermal blanket and my diabetic meds were in the same suitcase.  Other items were chocolates, and other OTC medicines I can not find here. Prior to covid I use to bring the same items with me and never had an issue.  On a trip to the US, I was nailed when they searched my bag I had had plastic wrapped here at Suvarnabhumi, as I had a bag of fresh Thai chili's with all of the OTP items I had. They confiscated the chili's and gave me a stern warning as they could have carried the dangerous fruit fly larvae........

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Many thanks Troy, I will do that, as I do miss Bovril...........:thumbsup:

Just ordered 2 jars at above price.          happy days.......

My Pleasure Mate!

I Have lived in Thailand for 15 years and still struggling to find anyone who makes half decent white bread (Less than 0.5% sugar) or proper English/Danish style Bacon!

2 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

Well I made the connection with Liverpool to the UK version of the same name....Sorry...My mistake.

I now realise that you may be from Sidney, Australia where we used to send many "Bin-Dippers" to after Botany Bay got full?  :thumbsup:

Obviously not the same Liverpool.....My profound apologies!

Has 'Sidney' moved.? Sydney Botany Bay Australia is still there????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

"even meat containing products such as Marmite are not allowed."

Marmite is a Vegan approved product, promoted as such on the label.  made from yeast extract.

I assume that Vegemite is the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Sorry to the "Grammar Police" and or The "Geography Police"..... Is it Handbags at Dawn for us???

Ironically the first time I went to Australia I got mugged by a "Ladyboy" in Kings Cross.....

I didn't ask her name, but maybe it was Sidney, Sydney or Just Syd???

Either way she was marginally better looking than her Accomplices?

Sid James on Twitter: "Happy Valentines Day ❤️ https://t.co/Tg7lndqbSA" /  Twitter

:cheesy::thumbsup:

Edited by Troy Tempest

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. A Gippsland grass-fed eye fillet steak is so tender it can be cut with a fork.

I suppose you are one of those feedlot acolytes, who think marbled fat induced by a diet of corn is tasty.

Oh look mum! A self-proclaimed foodie who doesn't know the realities of grass-fed versus corn-fed.

PS. Don't sweat it. I only learned the truth behind this meat marketing spin myself just last month.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Sorry to the "Grammar Police" and or The "Geography Police"..... Is it Handbags at Dawn for us???

Ironically the first time I went to Australia I got mugged by a "Ladyboy" in Kings Cross.....

I didn't ask her name, but maybe it was Sidney, Sydney or Just Syd???

Either way she was marginally better looking than her Accomplices?

Sid James on Twitter: "Happy Valentines Day ❤️ https://t.co/Tg7lndqbSA" /  Twitter

:cheesy::thumbsup:

Sydney Mardi Gras, not for vegans! 

17 hours ago, Olmate said:

I split the rock;
I felled the tree:
The nation was-
Because of me!

Old Botany Bay
Taking the sun
from day to day...
shame on the mouth
that would deny
the knotted hands
that set us high!

Dame Mary Gilmore 

Sorry, off topic.

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I split the rock;
I felled the tree:
The nation was-
Because of me!

Old Botany Bay
Taking the sun
from day to day...
shame on the mouth
that would deny
the knotted hands
that set us high!

Dame Mary Gilmore 

Sorry, off topic.

Terra nullius no more! 

OP

Depending on where you enter on what the chances of getting stopped…..

- July 2022 New - Traveller from Bali gets fined US$1,874 for bringing McDonald's to Australia

- Personally when arriving to LAX the airline served a nice ham and cheddar cheese sandwich just before landing. I didn’t want to waste it after being in China rural a looong time. I’m US citizen 

when asked about food I said yes I have the unwrapped sandwich… go over there and every bag was searched… ridiculous waste of food. 
- Many years ago into Sydney asked if I had any food… no. Took my bag searched and said you do have food… it’s hard mint candy in bag from grocery not food. .. my lesson on food for the day.. 

- Brought awesome unwrapped Cheddar cheese a big round block from Holland to Xiamen China nothing said 

- Shanghai to LAX bought bottle of wine from duty free directly across from gate. Put in carry on

searched at the gate. Not allowed to take on board US rules. After an hour they stowed it…

- HK to LAX bought water (like $5 usd) near gate searched at gate. Can’t take on board.. told the police or whatever their called…. Go ahead reach in my pocket and get yourself some cash while you at it… let’s say he wasn’t happy… 

flew over 1.5 million miles in my life soooo I’ve got good, bad and crazy stories…. But I’ll give y’all a break..

Luckily never fined but one never knows … just be polite and not argumentative… helps… 

Soooo OP what’s for dinner… Cheers enjoy!

On 8/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

The food wasn't rejected simply because your smuggling the items in was successful, that's the only reason.   Next time, try declaring them and see what the reaction is.

I'd rather say, that most customs officers will tolerate reasonable amounts of meat/cheese and other food for personal use. Last time I reentered TH I had to open my bag in Hat Yai, because the officer thought, the salt sticks could be some sort of explosives. She had seen all my meat and cheese products and didn't say a word, but was relieved (and even smiled), that no explosives were found..