Covid Extensions deadline is a week away(24Aug). Has anyone applied recently and what was your experience?

Got my first covid extension this week from Jomtien after my 30 day visa extension was near its end.I applied a week before the extension date was due to finish but did not get those days added.It was a 30 day stamp with consideration 

Edited by Hmunker
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Got my first covid extension this week from Jomtien after my 30 day visa extension was near its end.I applied a week before the extension date was due to finish but did not get those days added.It was a 30 day stamp with consideration 

Many offices were starting the 60 days from day of application if it was your First covid extension.

Subsequent ones were starting from expiry date of extension 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Many offices were starting the 60 days from day of application if it was your First covid extension.

Subsequent ones were starting from expiry date of extension 

So I just got my Covid extension until 21.09. Can I apply for another extension on 23.08 (in a couple of days) or my application will be rejected (since I have another month until my current permission of stay expires)? 

1 minute ago, Hellfire said:

So I just got my Covid extension until 21.09. Can I apply for another extension on 23.08 (in a couple of days) or my application will be rejected (since I have another month until my current permission of stay expires)? 

You state that you just obtained a covid extension and expires 21 Sept.

Think you mean that's under consideration period. 

A covid extension gives you 60 days. 

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You state that you just obtained a covid extension and expires 21 Sept.

Think you mean that's under consideration period. 

A covid extension gives you 60 days. 

Yes, it is 60 days but split into 2 parts. I got under consideration stamp in the middle of July and now I got another stamp which allows me to stay until 21 of September. Will I be able to get another under consideration stamp until 24 of August (before Covid extensions deadline)? 

Edited by Hellfire

1 minute ago, Hellfire said:

Yes, it is 60 days but split into 2 parts. I got under consideration stamp in the middle of July and now I got another stamp which allows me to stay until 21 of September. Will I be able to get another under consideration stamp until 24 of August (before Covid extensions deadline)? 

No

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No

23 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

You can attempt to do another extension. Go there on 24-Aug, and apply. If they say no, then you must leave by 21-Sept.

6 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

You can attempt to do another extension. Go there on 24-Aug, and apply. If they say no, then you must leave by 21-Sept.

Sept 21 is date to return for stamp. Under consideration period.

He cannot apply for another covid extension prior to Aug 25. 

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sept 21 is date to return for stamp. Under consideration period.

He cannot apply for another covid extension prior to Aug 25. 

He said two parts. He has just completed the "2nd visit" which stamped him to 21-Sept. At least that's how I interpreted what he wrote.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

He said two parts. He has just completed the "2nd visit" which stamped him to 21-Sept. At least that's how I interpreted what he wrote.

You are correct.

So yes he could try for another prior to Aug 25. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Do they typically make you leave if they say no? Or do they just refuse your application? 

I remember reading once if they stamp something in your passport you get like 7 days to leave or something but if they don’t do that stamp you’re still able to find other ways to stay. 

4 hours ago, Hellfire said:

As I mentioned above, I have the same expiry date the 21st of September. We never know unless we try. I think it will depend on the immigration, the officer and amount of covid extention stamps))) I will rely mostly on my embassy letter. 

1 minute ago, dj230 said:

Do they typically make you leave if they say no? Or do they just refuse your application? 

I remember reading once if they stamp something in your passport you get like 7 days to leave or something but if they don’t do that stamp you’re still able to find other ways to stay. 

If they refuse him, before 25 th of August he still has time till 21 of Septmeber

1 hour ago, anandra said:

As I mentioned above, I have the same expiry date the 21st of September. We never know unless we try. I think it will depend on the immigration, the officer and amount of covid extention stamps))) I will rely mostly on my embassy letter. 

My visa expiration was September 15 so I am pretty sure you’re okay. But yea a lot has to do with the immigration officer from my experience. 

It seems like as long as you’re nice they just let you stay, I’ve been here over a year on covid extensions, I thought I’d get sent home after half a year but they keep accepting me so I keep staying. I’ve had my plane ticket changed like 4-5 times now I think air Canada is going to stop letting me keep changing it soon 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. For some moment in time, I started to think that my English was incomprehensible…

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:44 PM, dj230 said:

My visa expiration was September 15 so I am pretty sure you’re okay. But yea a lot has to do with the immigration officer from my experience. 

It seems like as long as you’re nice they just let you stay, I’ve been here over a year on covid extensions, I thought I’d get sent home after half a year but they keep accepting me so I keep staying. I’ve had my plane ticket changed like 4-5 times now I think air Canada is going to stop letting me keep changing it soon 

I am longer, since extentions started))) 12 passport pages with covid extention stamps)) That is why immigration officer told me to bring an embassy letter, and it helped me. In Pattaya never had any issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, anandra said:

I am longer, since extentions started))) 12 passport pages with covid extention stamps)) That is why immigration officer told me to bring an embassy letter, and it helped me. In Pattaya never had any issues.

I have never been asked for any letter from the embassy, but I'm curious to know what they could or would  write, that would influence an immigration officers decision regarding the granting of an extension for covid , Particularly as one of the forms has a box to tick when such a letter is not available

Edited by Bday Prang

11 hours ago, anandra said:

That makes sense, that’s why they ask me for a plane ticket too, because I’ve been here for around 12 months now on covid extensions. Seems reasonable in my opinion, I don’t mind getting a plane ticket and just changing it, I have to return eventually anyways. 

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

That makes sense, that’s why they ask me for a plane ticket too, because I’ve been here for around 12 months now on covid extensions. Seems reasonable in my opinion, I don’t mind getting a plane ticket and just changing it, I have to return eventually anyways. 

So every time you have gone to immigration for an extension you have had a plane ticket ready to go before your last passport stamp expires?

I think for Thai and Eva air date changes is about £170 which is about 7200 baht

Edited by Hmunker

1 hour ago, Hmunker said:

So every time you have gone to immigration for an extension you have had a plane ticket ready to go before your last passport stamp expires?

I think for Thai and Eva air date changes is about £170 which is about 7200 baht

Yea I have a plane ticket on my visa expiration date, if it gets denied I just will take the flight, if it gets extended I change my flight. I’ve actually had one since I came to Thailand because I booked a round trip, so I’ve just been changing the “return” ticket. 

air Canada had a promotion during covid with unlimited free flight changes up or a certain date and then when that expired I told them the flights are like $4000 now so I need to change the ticket a few months out further because I couldn’t afford a $4000 ticket, so they actually just gave me a voucher with the ticket fare credited.

I will admit though they catch you with a bit of misc fees when changing flights like “tax or misc charges” was about $10-$30 each time (varying), I think 1 time was completely free, I guess it makes sense since no exact flight costs the same, I.e you might change a flight from a $650 ticket to $660 so you have to a pay the difference. I’d say that’s not a bad deal $10-$30 every 2 months plus 1900 baht visa fee. 

I like having the ticket there just incase, seems like ticket prices are volatile, would be bad if I got told I have to go in 30 days and then ticket prices were up to $4000 again like they were this summer (that’s for economy)

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

Went to jomtien today and got a covid extension (under consideration stamp). I didn't have a tm30 and tried to get one under my gf address, but didn't have blue book photo. Thankfully, the lady was nice enough to tell me that if I show a hotel booking she will give me a tm30 that way. So went out to the lobby, quickly booked a room in agoda, got my tm30, then got my ticket for counter a1, and no one questioned me or gave me a hard time for previous covid stamps. 

Process was long, arrived at 08:00 and finished at 15:30 (they kicked us out at 10:15 and said they'll start calling us at 13:00), but I can say that compared to the situation at lak si, this office was way more friendly and accommodating. Everyone's objective there seemed to be to get you what you need to get the stamp you need. 

My existing covid extension wasn't set to expire until 9/21, so they accepted my application 30 days early. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:18 PM, Hellfire said:

I did so today at jomtien. Same date as yours. See above post. 

• Thanks 1