Covid Extensions deadline is a week away(24Aug). Has anyone applied recently and what was your experience?

3 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Normally its from date your current permission to stay stamp ends.

Normally they do what they want))) Strangely, nobody who has already applied asked immigration from what date they start counting 60 days. Chonburi immigration likes to start from the day you apply. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:27 PM, DrJack54 said:

Sept 21 is date to return for stamp. Under consideration period.

He cannot apply for another covid extension prior to Aug 25. 

no. it is not under consideration. it is his extension end date.

In CM 

Can extend 1 month before visa expires but the 60 days will start from the day you apply. So if your visa were to expire 20th of next month and you applied today (23 aug) you will get 60 days from today but will lose about 1 month from the previous visa ????

Just sharing my experience. I've been here since 2020 January, and honestly I wasn't thinking I could apply for this 24th's extension, since my last one was done in July. Although 4 weeks left, I went to the immigration office and they granted me another extension, even though it's still 4 weeks left. Although they for the first time asked me to show an onward ticket that I just bought from a reservation website on the spot. Never before they asked me anything, to be honest, like those horror stories, why are you here, etc. ^^ Hope anyone who tries to use it gets the same success! Stamped till the middle of November.

Edited by JaydenL

Can't believe that they're still giving out "covid extensions" haha. I mean it's great that they are but would probably be time to change the name of this extension and make it permanent or something. 

I did covid extensions for over a year but returned to Europe for my normal 3 months summer stay. Now I'm heading back to BKK on an exempt and curious if they continue the covid extensions, does it also apply to people who arrived recently or only those who have been "so called stuck" in Thailand since last year? 

16 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Can't believe that they're still giving out "covid extensions" haha. I mean it's great that they are but would probably be time to change the name of this extension and make it permanent or something. 

I did covid extensions for over a year but returned to Europe for my normal 3 months summer stay. Now I'm heading back to BKK on an exempt and curious if they continue the covid extensions, does it also apply to people who arrived recently or only those who have been "so called stuck" in Thailand since last year? 

You could but you would have to do your 30 day extension first. Its unlikely you will be able to utilize a covid extension though. The end date is today (24 Aug) and nobody is expecting it to continue this time considering they only moved the date 1 month. If nothing happens in the next day or two I would say its over.

Edited by at15

6 minutes ago, at15 said:

You could but you would have to do your 30 day extension first. Its unlikely you will be able to utilize a covid extension though. The end date is today (24 Aug) and nobody is expecting it to continue this time considering they only moved the date 1 month. If nothing happens in the next day or two I would say its over.

Well sure, I'm actually shocked it's still being offered haha. People always thought it's the last time since well over a year ago so who knows. Anyway, I'm not expecting to utilize that, but can someone confirm if the 30 day extension is going to be switched to a 45 day extension? I read news about exempt being 45 after a certain date but not sure if it was also for the extension. Just calculating when I would need to do my first trip abroad since I'll be arriving on an exempt next month.

7 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Well sure, I'm actually shocked it's still being offered haha. People always thought it's the last time since well over a year ago so who knows. Anyway, I'm not expecting to utilize that, but can someone confirm if the 30 day extension is going to be switched to a 45 day extension? I read news about exempt being 45 after a certain date but not sure if it was also for the extension. Just calculating when I would need to do my first trip abroad since I'll be arriving on an exempt next month.

I think it won't affect the extension, 45 + 30, I assume, but there will be no certain answer by any forum user until the final decision by the cabinet. Just wait for the final statement in the royal gazette, I guess? I too hope it rolls out soon.

7 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Can we say that Covid 19 extensions are not to be continued after today (24.08 deadline)? Or there is still time for the possible official announcement? 

There's still a chance it could be extended.Not over until it's over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, at15 said:

Its unlikely you will be able to utilize a covid extension though. The end date is today (24 Aug) and nobody is expecting it to continue this time considering they only moved the date 1 month.

I fully expect Covid Extensions to continue. We will find out for sure either today or by Friday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just been to Hua Hin immigration. Last day for Covid Extensions,  they told me. My previous extension due to end Sept. 16th. They accepted my application and it's gone to BKK for consideration. I'll find out on the 8th what date i get. Hoping for Mid-november, as opposed to 23rd October. Here's hoping!

BTW Hua Hin Immigration was as quiet as I've ever seen it. I was (pleasantly) surprised, as I was expecting a riot of last minute covid extenders.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

That seems very generous, certainly more than 60 days!

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Sorry I hadn't considered the possibility that your previous extension was due to expire on 20 / sept

Yeah, the previous one was until 21 Sep, so I got the full 60 days. 

14 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Indeed. If Thailand has taught us anuthing throughout the pandemic, it's the cliche that anything really is possible here!  Even staying 2 years legally on tourist extensions. ????

That was no miracle, but what the situation dictated. The Emergency Decree was in place, land borders were closed, Covid was pandemic. Now everything is different.

31 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Indeed. If Thailand has taught us anuthing throughout the pandemic, it's the cliche that anything really is possible here!  Even staying 2 years legally on tourist extensions. ????

In my case it is closer to 3 years (since December 2019). I saved tons of money and time which would be otherwise spent on visa runs to Laos.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

In my case it is closer to 3 years (since December 2019). I saved tons of money and time which would be otherwise spent on visa runs to Laos.

What about your nerve cells? How much did you lose in September 2020 when they threatened to kick everyone out or put them in jail?

I think there will be no official announcement. They're just quietly stopping the extensions. Previously, every extension was kinda "out of the ordinary" thing and thus had to be officially announced. Now that the last extension expired, things are just back to normal.