Covid Extensions deadline is a week away(24Aug). Has anyone applied recently and what was your experience?

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Covid extensions have served us good these two years but run their course. There is no reason for them to continue. Covid in Thailand is set to be endemic by October. Land borders are open. If you want to stay in Thailand for cheap, you can do border hops, as in pre-covid times. As a generous gesture, the visa-free period will be 45 days instead of 30, starting from October.

wish mae sai was open ----burma  i do not want to have to do a laos run... ????

On 8/24/2022 at 6:24 PM, JoseThailand said:

What about your nerve cells? How much did you lose in September 2020 when they threatened to kick everyone out or put them in jail?

Let me guess… You are one of those who left Thailand in September 2020 being sure no more extensions are on the way?  There is a Russian saying: the one who does not risk - that one does not drink Champagne at the end. 

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Let me guess… You are one of those who left Thailand in September 2021 being sure no more extensions are on the way? 

Let me guess, you're one of those who will leave soon.

8 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Who was that reply from? Another farang-oriented-visa-fraudster group?

I don't know of any Thai oriented visa groups in Thailand, but I think this is one of the bigger ones.

FYI, O never used them, as i'm on a retirement extension, with 800K in the bank, for the past 14 years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Let me guess, you're one of those who will leave soon.

I don't know of any Thai oriented visa groups in Thailand, but I think this is one of the bigger ones.

FYI, O never used them, as i'm on a retirement extension, with 800K in the bank, for the past 14 years

You are right… I will leave soon… But not because of the visa issues, but just because enough is enough!

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Feel so sorry for them. Some of them came back through the loops and hoops of a 2-week quarantine, insurance, vaccination etc.

I still think that for the one who really wants to stay here there are always some options available.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2

Just replying to some of the discussions above.

Many people do leave Thailand for the more attractive and welcoming neighbouring countries and that's very understandable. I've just about had enough with all the visa nonsense. Lived here for 15 years now and always the same difficulty with visas. How long have they been talking about this Digital Nomad Visa now?? It's becoming a real joke. Sometime last year they confirmed it and approved the details and still nothing happening. What a lost opportunity to have all the high-earning digital workers head elsewhere instead of having a proper visa in place. That would just be a no brainer wiw-win for both sides.  

• Like 1

Just now, Adam219 said:

The digital nomad visa isnt really for digital nomads, the requirements are incompatible with the majority of actual digital nomads.

Elite visa is a better option, or if old enough, retirement visa.

Well based on the details published it would be compatible for many of us, but yea again not designed for the best outcome.

What's ridiculous about the Elite is that you have to pay 600k up front for the 5 years ahead. Who knows if you want to leave after 1 year. I'd rather stick to TR visas and regular travel then.

13 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

What's ridiculous about the Elite is that you have to pay 600k up front for the 5 years ahead. Who knows if you want to leave after 1 year.

yeah that's obviously true, it's a major consideration. BUt I'm swaying toward it simply because I want to use Thailand as a base even if I dont necessarily want to end up living here.

14 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Well based on the details published it would be compatible for many of us

I'm curious what kind of digital nomad it is compatible with? Working for a company while remaining nomadic and abiding tax laws is very prohibitive to most I think.

21 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Good luck with your extensions, but I am not so sure that you are helping the recovery of the tourism industry. You have been here what... 1 year? 2 years? And all this time you stayed in hotels, took tours every day, visited temple after temple, park after park, ate in restaurants every lunch and dinner, changed location every few days travelling by planes and trains, accumulated whole piles of souvenirs and presents to take home?

I believe that the average tourist budget is 5000 B/ day / person. That's over 4000USD / month.

That may be so, but your definition of tourists based on their spending habits is as weird as your concern regarding whether or not he is helping the tourism industry,  and is  of no interest to anybody but yourself ,  your post reeks of righteousness, a common trait of many on here. Thai immigration make the rules and not people like you, thankfully 

1 hour ago, Adam219 said:

yeah that's obviously true, it's a major consideration. BUt I'm swaying toward it simply because I want to use Thailand as a base even if I dont necessarily want to end up living here.

Sure that's true too. I've been considering getting it many times but then I always hesitate because I can't see myself living in TH or at least BKK much longer (been here 15 years and kind of tired of it all). Now I basically stay in Europe for about 3 months every summer so it doesn't really seem necessary either. 

1 hour ago, Adam219 said:

I'm curious what kind of digital nomad it is compatible with? Working for a company while remaining nomadic and abiding tax laws is very prohibitive to most I think.

I can't remember all the details but it did have some very strange and unreasonable requirements. Still, I guess many remote workers (as most people these days are after covid times) do work for the same company/client for at least 6 months and have the income to prove it. That was one of the requirements.

The part that I found most ridiculous about the requirements tho was that you have to prove that you've been working for the past 6 months so at the same time you're revealing that you've been living in TH with some bonus visa but still working haha. I mean shouldn't matter if you work remotely for clients outside of TH but still that sounds a bit dodgy to me.