Chicken Egg Price Rises for 2nd Time in 1 Month

webfact

image.jpeg

Bangkok, Aug 17 (TNA) – Layer farmers' cooperatives raised the ex-farm price of their chicken eggs in mixed sizes by 0.10 baht to 3.60 baht per egg equivalent to a three-baht increment per 30-egg pack. It was the second rise in August.

Chanuwat Siwamok, deputy secretary-general of the Layer Farmer Association, said layer farmers could not bear rising costs, especially the costs of feed. 

Small-scale layer farmers either reduced their chickens or suspended their farming to contain losses, he said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-999336

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

4 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Not a big difference indeed. But then supermarkets mark up more. Was at Makro yesterday and it seems that prices were up 7 baht compared to last week for a pack of 10 eggs.

When everything goes up a bit except people's income, then it makes life harder.

Surely eggs are on the price control list? Doesn't seem to have any effect. Guess you can charge what you want.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Excel said:

When the market is dominated by the CP group whose family have a rather special relationship with others, then they can do exactly as they wish.

Off topic alert...

I buy "organic" or at least, free range, if I can, and pay the premium. But I've learnt to store them in the fridge. Even though they have a week showing on the SB date I've had rotten ones before that. Anything but CP.

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I guess you just have to stop eat egg then.

Have to eat cake.... damn you need eggs for that too!

I hope my neighbours don't supplement their food supply by getting a load of chickens, and a cockerel, to add to the noise their damned dogs make!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Have to eat cake.... damn you need eggs for that too!

I hope my neighbours don't supplement their food supply by getting a load of chickens, and a cockerel, to add to the noise their damned dogs make!

Noise? I think you will be more worried about the smell. ????

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Noise? I think you will be more worried about the smell. ????

And flies. I have a large field nearby which gets used to grow cassava, and they used chicken shxt on it once, and it sure brought flies! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Enoon said:

If you calculate the cost of eggs as a % of the Thai minimum wage, and do the same % vs min wage comparison for your home country, you will see he the Thai has to pay a much greater % than people in your own country. In the UK it would mean, the last time I calculated, paying over £3.50 for 6 eggs (actual price at at that time about 80p for 6 eggs).

Taken with everything else, the Thai gets totally shafted, across the board, compared with the Westerner at home.

Most Westerners in Thailand obvously have no conception as to what is is really like to live on Thai wages in Thailand.

That is but one of the reasons that I find myself despising all too many of them to want to chance their company in Thailand!

Enjoy the rest of your day

Could agree more....hence my sarcasm aimed at Uncle Too.....????

Don't go to work on an egg.

Lack of demand would soon see the prices drop, but is that fair if the price rise is a genuine requirement due to rising costs.....as opposed to CP price gouging?

Destructive pricing can't be far off for many products and the impact will be unemployment.

I don't understand all this outcry. Nobody remember the action from uncle Toe to cope the rising egg and chicken price 2 years back. Each household got 2 live chickens, my wife as well. Unlike the rest of the village, which have made a quick BBQ, I've bought a rooster and now have 30 chickens, producing so many eggs that she sells it in the village. 

3 minutes ago, OttoPollmann said:

I don't understand all this outcry. Nobody remember the action from uncle Toe to cope the rising egg and chicken price 2 years back. Each household got 2 live chickens, my wife as well. Unlike the rest of the village, which have made a quick BBQ, I've bought a rooster and now have 30 chickens, producing so many eggs that she sells it in the village. 

As her costs haven't risen I hope she is not price gouging....(this is a joke).

21 hours ago, Enoon said:

If you calculate the cost of eggs as a % of the Thai minimum wage, and do the same % vs min wage comparison for your home country, you will see he the Thai has to pay a much greater % than people in your own country. In the UK it would mean, the last time I calculated, paying over £3.50 for 6 eggs (actual price at at that time about 80p for 6 eggs).

Taken with everything else, the Thai gets totally shafted, across the board, compared with the Westerner at home.

Most Westerners in Thailand obvously have no conception as to what is is really like to live on Thai wages in Thailand.

That is but one of the reasons that I find myself despising all too many of them to want to chance their company in Thailand!

Enjoy the rest of your day

r/whoosh

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OttoPollmann said:

wifey sells ALL the eggs to the village? so how do you get your daily three egg omelette?

1 hour ago, bangon04 said:

How do you say in Thai....

"Who sells chicken eggs"?

Kray khay khai gai? All words completely distinguishable in Thai. Different tones, vowel lengths and initial consonants.

How about 

Mai may my Mai mhay?

New wood doesn't burn, does it?