Patong Beach Noisy Fireworks

Brick Top

Anybody else experancing noisy fireworks that start around 8 pm and continually go on every night until about 2.30 am . This has been going on now for about the past 2 to 3 months somewere in the middle of the south end of Patong beach. There is obviously someone selling fireworks down there to tourists , I live up high in the hills above Patong and the noise is driving me mad.

This use to go on the same about 5 years ago before the government stopped it as it was illegal , now its happening all over again.

I remember first time I came to Phuket maybe 10 years ago....they had a big fair right on the beach. Food, games, shooting galleries and dunk machines. Fireworks and WW2 fighters mock dog fighting. The whole thing was magical. Subsequent visits never saw it again. Maybe it was only a Xmas / NY thing

Edited by Kenny202

When you've lived near the beach you learn to buy your next home some distance away from the coast. I lived in a condo on Beach Road Jomtien and it was constant noise during the two years I was there. I now live near Phoenix Golf Course and although there is still some noise on occasions, it's bliss compared to my last place. Also, the beach is only a ten minute drive if I want to spend an hour at the seaside.

38 minutes ago, Deli said:

Isaan is wide and quiet, maybe better for you

I dunno about that lol. We used to have a grinning idiot in a pick up blaring mawlum music at 4am in our village, right at the front of our house.... a call for people to go collect money in another area for the temple. I shet you not I used to sleep with ear plugs but you could feel the vibrations of this morons doof doof bass through the pillow. People in pick ups and trucks driving slowly along the road in the day with a loud hailer selling stuff. Would have been a nightmare if you were trying to get a baby to sleep. Then there were the random parties and chickens and dogs all night. It was all new and an adventure at the time, but I really don't think I could go back to all the inconveniences of village life again. (Noisy, power / water cuts, poor internet...cost of fuel was huge living remotely). Really depends on where you live and your neighbors. We are in an estate now in the city and rarely hear a peep night time. Never heard a party or loud music in 5 years.

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Did you move to Patong for quiet? 

I have lived in Patong since 2001 but my Villa is very high up in mountain above Patong. It's a very quiet location ,  cant here nothing at night , but when these fireworks continually go off for 6 hours every night they echo right up through the mountain.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

I have lived in Patong since 2001 but my Villa is very high up in mountain above Patong. It's a very quiet location ,  cant here nothing at night , but when these fireworks continually go off for 6 hours every night they echo right up through the mountain.

Sounds nice - and even fireworks are nice, but i understand if it is every night, that can get old. I think this is increasingly going to be a problem especially for us who like quiet. I have no immediate neighbors though my nearest one has turned into a controlling jerk. He is about 200 yards from me and yet thinks he can tell me what to do.. and now there is someone building 1/2 way between us... you just can't control everything around you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deli said:

Isaan is wide and quiet, maybe better for you

I can vouch for this, no such noise and annoyance in Khon Kaen Province where I used to live. Same across in the hills and mountains of Lanna prior to my moving to Isaan.

Im on hill over looking Patong, see the same fireworks (they dont bother me any) you get the ones your on about, then Tri Trang beach normally launch a few and still a few from Paradise beach go up at weekends/full Moon etc. I think they look great and a free show. Im right at back and above the Wat Suwan Temple on Pisitkoranee (Bottom of Patong Hill first left)

I get the Temple bells every morning 03.45 then the first call to prayers drifting across on the night/early morning breeze from the Mosque on Phrabarami rd about 05.00 interspersed by Cockerels here & there crowing their Nut z off... Again doesn't bother me, Gets a bit OTT when the Temple & Mosque start turning up the volume the odd occasion (having a bit of a Mash Up between them lol)

it reminds me Im in a good place (better than cold damp dark Blighty anyway lol) 

• Like 1