Noisy ambulance services Chiang Rai

Don Dunkelblum

Question: do relevant local authorities ever regulate the absurd loud noise most ambulances are producing?

Are there any limitations to what amount of noise of these live saving, profitmaking companies can produce?

Is this noise in particular meant for the blind/deaf population of Chiang Rai?

Peep peep honk honk prt prt with the additional howling to complete the f.. loud noise, level 9.

It is mind hurting, irritating and this extreme noise is produced even when there is no traffic obstruction as this seems not part of the criteria to switch on the attack.

• 3 weeks later...

Ambulances have sirens.

Sirens make a lot of noise - that is rather the point of them.

One presumes that you live on one of the main routes to Prachanukroh Hospital, maybe near an intersection which requires the sirens to clear the way.

Personally, having been taken to that hospital in an ambulance last year, I was pleased that they made lots of noise so I could get there quickly, and get something done about the pain. You never know, you might need one yourself one day.

Of course, back in the day ambulances had much more restrained bells - but I believe many complained that they would never sell ice-cream going that fast!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, Don Dunkelblum said:

"........ amount of noise of these live saving, profitmaking companies..........."

Maybe the OP doesn't know that most ambulances are operated by non-profit, volunteer groups who also don't change for their services. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, Iamfalang said:

Get what you pay for....it's cheap for a reason.   

Many fail to see that ... ????

Along with forgetting, THEY volunteered to live here.

Edited by KhunLA