Jump to content

how to watch thai tv in thailand


brendan3150
 Share

Recommended Posts

apologies for the stupid thread title.

 

me and my girlfriend just purchased a smart tv . i ran a channel search for both digital and analogue channels but it found zero .

 

i   thought the tv has a built in digital aerial but i may be wrong .

 

is there an app for the smart tv to watch all the thai tv for free or do we have to buy a separate box and satellite dish/ analogue aerial ?

 

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

PSI Thailand can put in a satellite dish and a box for a one time cost.  PSI Thailand also has dongles or boxes for sale on Lazada.

 

It's Thai TV.

 

We've got it but everyone watches YouTube, Netflix, or easily pirated streaming movies with our Smart TV's.  

 

In my opinion YouTube has everything you want.  Plenty of Thai TV or anything else for that matter.

 

Of course you'll need Wifi. 

Screenshot_20220818-234657_Lazada.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

PSI Thailand can put in a satellite dish and a box for a one time cost.  PSI Thailand also has dongles or boxes for sale on Lazada.

 

It's Thai TV.

 

We've got it but everyone watches YouTube, Netflix, or easily pirated streaming movies with our Smart TV's.  

 

In my opinion YouTube has everything you want.  Plenty of Thai TV or anything else for that matter.

 

Of course you'll need Wifi. 

Screenshot_20220818-234657_Lazada.jpg

thank you mrj2u . you have given me a lot of useful information

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can watch several channels live on youtube. That's how my wife watches here in the US.

 

Search for:

Amarin tv

Thairath tv

Voice tv

And others

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a standard TV aerial you should be able to watch Thai terrestrial Tv channels if you want to watch digital and foreign channels you need a box or a  satellite / cable service. The TV can only search for the channels if a signal exists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your Internet Provider?

 

If Ais get a AIS Play , If 3BB get their box CloudTV/GigaTV, TOT has also something but you have to ask them.

 

https://www.ais.th/play/en/

https://aisplay.ais.co.th/portal/screen/tvchannelsSTB/

 

https://gigatv.3bb.co.th/en/

 

AIS Play should have an app in the App store in your TV, 3BB you need to use their Box.

 

if you have an AIS number you could also get AIS Play, just call 1175 and ask for the pricing.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have an AIS phone, connect your TV to the WIFI.

 

Download AIS Play app

 

Call AIS and request a password, they SMS you immediately. It’s free, for AIS phone users, but there are additional packages, give them a call and ask for a trial.

 

You get all the Usual Thai channels, 1, 2, 3, etc .. hundreds of them.

 

https://store.ais.co.th/en/ais-play.html?___store=en&___sid=s

 

the premium Packages include Disney+

 

https://www.ais.th/disney/en/

Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing you need is home internet. No internet ....no smart tv.

 

I use 3BB and apart from providing our internet they also give a free set top box with their GigaTV package which has all the Thai TV channels plus HBO etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, brendan3150 said:

i   thought the tv has a built in digital aerial but i may be wrong .

No, TV set does not have a built-in antenna. But you can buy one from PowerBuy/PowerMall/Shopee/Lazada/,,, for peanuts. What you need will depend on where you are located. If you are near a transmitter, then a small plate or stick type antenna will suffice, else you might need a tower antenna or a fishbone antenna. Some examples from Lazada:

 

Plate type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hd-50-1080p-hdtv-37-amplified-hd-digital-tv-antenna-i930396204.html

Stick type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/digital-tv-antenna-dvb-t2-i2719500685.html

Tower type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/d1a-indoor-antenna-i950924994.html, https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samart-d1a-digital-indoor-antenna-hd-268-i132933339-s144071611.html

 

And then outdoor fishbone type (the higher the number, the more gain it has (gain is amplification of signal, and the number on it states how many db it raises the signal).

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/thaisat-antenna-wing-14e-ninety9watch-i108536715.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/family-antenna-digital-tv-sg-607-v2-i142531650.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/beta-digital-tv-antenna-hd-37e-hd-37e-i116005372.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samart-5e-10-m-dvb-t2-antenna-outdoor-i120770965.html

image

These are the types of antennas you could use depending on the distance from transmitter.

And these are the channels you should be able to receive:

 

image

I hope this helps.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have access to Internet use the ISPs solution, 3BB, True, AIS, NT (replaced TOT) all have a free solution with or without set top box. You could also use a generic service like u play for a small fee, where you would install their app on a TV running AndroidTV or an Android box.

 

Don't mind me saying but terrestrial or satellite are a thing from the past, quality and reliability cannot compare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A digital smart TV still needs to be connected to an external digital antenna to receive the signal. Readily available at electrical stores for a few hundred baht but you will then need to mount the antenna outside somewhere. Once connected you can tune in all the channels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

No, TV set does not have a built-in antenna. But you can buy one from PowerBuy/PowerMall/Shopee/Lazada/,,, for peanuts. What you need will depend on where you are located. If you are near a transmitter, then a small plate or stick type antenna will suffice, else you might need a tower antenna or a fishbone antenna. Some examples from Lazada:

 

Plate type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hd-50-1080p-hdtv-37-amplified-hd-digital-tv-antenna-i930396204.html

Stick type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/digital-tv-antenna-dvb-t2-i2719500685.html

Tower type: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/d1a-indoor-antenna-i950924994.html, https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samart-d1a-digital-indoor-antenna-hd-268-i132933339-s144071611.html

 

And then outdoor fishbone type (the higher the number, the more gain it has (gain is amplification of signal, and the number on it states how many db it raises the signal).

 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/thaisat-antenna-wing-14e-ninety9watch-i108536715.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/family-antenna-digital-tv-sg-607-v2-i142531650.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/beta-digital-tv-antenna-hd-37e-hd-37e-i116005372.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samart-5e-10-m-dvb-t2-antenna-outdoor-i120770965.html

image

These are the types of antennas you could use depending on the distance from transmitter.

And these are the channels you should be able to receive:

 

image

I hope this helps.

 

I think, those antennas alone, with viewable reception from 60 or 70 km would be with the sun shining from the East, wind blowing from the North, moon rising in the West and dog barking out the back. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

I think, those antennas alone, with viewable reception from 60 or 70 km would be with the sun shining from the East, wind blowing from the North, moon rising in the West and dog barking out the back. 🙂

I tried tower antenna from 25km away from Baiyoke Sky (that's where Bangkok transmitter is), mounted indoors, and it was perfectly fine. Never tried fishbone from such a distance. The image is from Samart, which makes these, as well as DTV boxes for TV sets that don't support digital signal. It's actually on the last Lazada link for a Samart fishbone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

PSI Thailand can put in a satellite dish and a box for a one time cost.  PSI Thailand also has dongles or boxes for sale on Lazada.

 

It's Thai TV.

 

We've got it but everyone watches YouTube, Netflix, or easily pirated streaming movies with our Smart TV's.  

 

In my opinion YouTube has everything you want.  Plenty of Thai TV or anything else for that matter.

 

Of course you'll need Wifi. 

Screenshot_20220818-234657_Lazada.jpg

Tinyzonetv.to

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Tinyzonetv.to

I'll check that out.

 

Troypoint. Com, a website with great information on installing apps for cord cutters.  Good step by step instructions.  Unfortunately lots of advertising, but the guy's got to make money someways.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...