South African woman gets life sentence reduced in Thailand

webfact

I deleted my comment, anything else said on this is superflouous, the woman got 33 years for receiving drugs, not just signing for a package............the question remains is "How many other packages has she signed for??.  Sorry for her luck, but I doubt she will survive the entire sentence..................hopefully other evidence will come in and she will be cleared.  Like the Boyfriend being arrested and confesses??   Good Luck on that.         Peace

Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Maybe only 56 but she will look 96 I can only conclude you have never done a social visit to one of Thailands prisons I have and believe me it’s daunting and all I was doing was visiting Brits in Samui prison . Now your no longer to bring them food in case there’s a razor blade in there so that they can end there life in the hell hole 

I used to visit a mate in klong prem special wing. He got out after 2 1/2 from an initial 10 year stretch. Immediate deportation and into PTSD counselling. You're right. A very tough assignment.

Just now, Neeranam said:

I disagree. I have no idea who deals drugs in my village, probably none as it's a respectable village in Hua Hin. . 

Yabba is everywhere in Thailand, there's an almost zero chance that it's not in your village.

I've seen it sold on the streets of Khao Takiab, by Thais to foreign tourists.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GiveMeAColdOne said:

Young and dumb shouldn't result in 33 years lost.  I hope there's a compassionate pardon that will reduce this to the 3-4 years maximum it deserves. 

If it is dealing in dangerous drugs, she should get what the law decides. There is not any reduction based on being stupid, of course. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BB1955 said:

I ve read her story and her claims . I find it very hard to believe she knew nothing about what she was signing for . Your boyfriends a major drug supplier and you know nothing about it ?   

Of course it’s a possibility .. Don’t be signing for a Lazard’s delivery for your neighbour who just moved in  

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How come there are so many Thais in prison for drugs offences, then?

I understand that very many drug addicts commit other criminal offences to raise the cash to buy drugs. No money available when caught to pay off the police.

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Legalize all  drugs.

Put the bad guys out of business.

You get control

You get to tax it all..

Win, Win, Win.

More money to be made by them by it being illegal, plus gives them soemthing to do.

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yeah, dangerous like fentanyl?

Very easy to OD on that stuff.

Prince and Tom petty, did just that.

If it had been legal, like all drugs should be. maybe, many people would still be alive today. ( Control on dosage). :jap:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andylongtime said:

As I know first hand that the Koh Samui police are corrupt from top to bottom. I’m sure the boyfriend payed for his escape and the police will resell the drugs. 

Would be interesting to know what actually happened to the 'boyfriend'...

• Like 1