World cup

Eleven Seven

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

England score 6 in their first game.

Argentina beaten by Saudi

Germany beaten by Japan

What a great time to be an England supporter.

Yes, I absolutely love to see it.

England getting their hopes up again, then as soon as one of them say "It's coming home" they get squashed like a bug and out they go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

England getting their hopes up again, then as soon as one of them say "It's coming home" they get squashed like a bug and out they go.

I just concentrate on England  , I am not bothered about the how other teams fare .

Why do you take such an interest in England and not your own Country ?

36 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I just concentrate on England  , I am not bothered about the how other teams fare .

Why do you take such an interest in England and not your own Country ?

Why did these players take such an interest in my country and not England.

My country is very poor at soccer, they rarely qualify.

20220801_072422.jpg

20220801_072335.jpg

20220801_072453.jpg

48 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Why did these players take such an interest in my country and not England.

My country is very poor at soccer, they rarely qualify.

20220801_072422.jpg

20220801_072335.jpg

20220801_072453.jpg

Declan Rice was born in the same London hospital as I was and went to the same School as I did in London  , just that his Grandparents were from Ireland 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed.. 

I’d want to see Foden and Grealish on at the same time... see them linking up and attacking. 

We were flat and sterile against the US...  very ‘careful’ tactics nearly cost us dearly with the US pressing very hard very quickly, they countered very well - we were lucky to come out of the game with a draw. 

I hate to see England playing such boring, hesitant, unfolding football. 

As soon as Grealish game on we were far more fluid in attack - he drew players, drew fouls... Foden would do the same.... 

IMO - Foden is the best player in the England side - I’m really not sure why he isn’t starting.

It was good to see Maguire play well after the year of horrific medial bullying he has faced -  I hope that has done his confidence the world of good. 

I agree about Foden being a talented player, but I don't think he would have made much of a difference.  England just lacked zip for some reason. Actually, it was the Henderson substitution that probably steadied the ship.

I'm afraid to say, as matters stand,  England will only progress to the latter stages if we revert to 5 at the back.

Don't know why our midfield gets so subdued, but there it is.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:21 AM, Joe Farang said:

Released today - the updated version of the Baddiel/Skinner song, England are doomed now!

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Your avatar is a Scotsman, who used to live across the road from me in Aberdeen. 

Thanks for enlightening me brother - Did you used to look out your window in the hope that he would lift up his skirt & give you a quick flash while carrying his log ????

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

20221210_212806.jpg

It came home…. The football that is…. Apparently it landed somewhere in the uk !!!

A great game, well done to the French. England played very well. 

A penalty has to hit the target….   The French may consider themselves a little lucky, sometimes teams need that. 

This one’s gonna hurt it was England’s best chance at a World Cup win for a generation… they still played so well. No player on either team had a poor performance.

• Thanks 1