World cup

Eleven Seven

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is your Country in the Semi Finals ?

Yes

But Croatia vs Morocco in the final would look really good. Anyhow the nicest last four one could have dreamed of. Messi, our B team and the two others.

Edited by Boomer6969

Came across this interesting theory this morning on why Morocco will win the world cup. Is it simply coincidence or perhaps there's actually something to it.

Football fans are going wild for bizarre theory that suggests Morocco will win the World Cup

Story by Sam Torrance  Yesterday 11:47 pm

Comments

image.png.048f6d2430f5e43b0b666563f06c7ebe.png

A bizarre theory doing the rounds on social media has identified Morocco as the soon-to-be winners of the 2022 World Cup of Qatar.

The Northwest African nation have been the shock of the tournament so far after defying all odds to reach the semi-final stage.

Drawn in what looked a seriously tough group that contained Belgium, Croatia and Canada, the lesser fancied nation claimed some major scalps and triumphed as group winners.

Most notably, they beat Belgium, who were ranked as the second-best international team in the world by FIFA at the time, in style.

However, they also conceded just one goal, which came in their 4-1 demolition of Canada.

Although the success Morocco experienced in the group stage was expected to end right there, for in the round of 16, they were drawn against Spain.

Poor Spain. The European footballing superpower had no idea of the task that lay before them, and Morocco eventually dumped them out of the competition via penalty shootout after a hard-fought encounter.

AL RAYYAN, QATAR – DECEMBER 06: Yassine Bounou of Morocco is thrown into the air following the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Round of 16 match between Morocco and Spain at Education City Stadium on December 06, 2022 in Al Rayyan, Qatar. (Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)
AL RAYYAN, QATAR – DECEMBER 06: Yassine Bounou of Morocco is thrown into the air following the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Round of 16 match between Morocco and Spain at Education City Stadium on December 06, 2022 in Al Rayyan, Qatar. (Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)© Provided by Give Me Sport

Portugal were up next and they too fell at the hands of Morocco. And like every other nation bar Canada, failed to score in the process.

So, after all their victories, the team find themselves the first African nation ever to make it to the semi-final stage of a World Cup.

Related video: World Cup: Can Morocco shock the world again against France? (Dailymotion)

Now, though, one bizarre theory has predicted things to go even further for Walid Regragui and his men.

GiveMeSport’s World Cup hub image
GiveMeSport’s World Cup hub image© Provided by Give Me Sport

What is the theory?

The theory finds its basis in former Chelsea players and the shirt numbers they wore at the time.

Strange? Absolutely, but stick with us.

Back in 2010, Juan Mata was donning the number 10 shirt for the Blues whilst representing the Spanish national team.

Remember who won the World Cup in 2010? That’s right, Spain.

Fast forward four years. Andre Schurrle is a Chelsea player wearing the number 14 at the club. He heads to Rio de Janeiro for the Brazilian World Cup and, yep, Germany wins it.

What a coincidence. But then in 2018, Olivier Giroud, now playing for Chelsea rather than Arsenal, wins the World Cup with France whilst using the number 18 at Stamford Bridge prior to the tournament.

It really is madness – and the most incredible thing: the current occupier of Chelsea’s number 22 shirt is none other than Morocco’s very own, Hakim Ziyech.

Now, we’re not saying it will happen but if it somehow does, then this theory could be even more crazy heading into the 2026 tournament.

Over to you, Morocco.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, xylophone said:

Perhaps someone should look at the referee's bank account, because there were a couple of clear fouls, and one leading up to the French goal, that should have resulted in England having a free kick, and perhaps even a penalty.

Even then on another occasion the VAR replay had to be used to overturn the referees incompetence in not awarding a penalty. Sad for England as they played very well.

I'm not an England fan, Scotland's my team, but it could be argued that Griezmann should have had a second yellow card, for the foul he did on the half way line, to stop an England breakaway. Most Refs give a card for that, these days. Then later he made the pass for the winning goal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

It annoys me to see the advertising hoardings full of adverts for Coca Cola, Starbucks, Budweiser, and other American products, wish they'd stay the <deleted> away from our game of FOOTBALL. 

The one that has annoyed me the most throughout the world cup is the billboard for Micky D's, rather than Maccy D's.

I mean, ordering a Micky D's breakfast after a legendary all night session just doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

If you were to ask me which sides I would not want to see in the final, it would have definitely been Argentina and France.

As an proud Englishman, I feel that God has betrayed me.

My only hope, the only thing that could make things right again is that both captains declare war on each other and then immediately surrender, bringing the Qatar World Cup to an end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

If you were to ask me which sides I would not want to see in the final, it would have definitely been Argentina and France.

My only hope, the only thing that could make things right again is that both captains declare war on each other and then immediately surrender, bringing the Qatar World Cup to an end.

Sorry mate, it'll be another 50 years for you guys. Hammering you guys gave me that warm feeling in the midriff.

But this was the ideal final 2 months ago. Sadly  France playing a B team has taken the shine off the competition so far. 

A post with derogatory trolling comments toward "Yanks" has been removed:

15.  You will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

23 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Sorry mate, it'll be another 50 years for you guys. Hammering you guys gave me that warm feeling in the midriff.

But this was the ideal final 2 months ago. Sadly  France playing a B team has taken the shine off the competition so far. 

Hammering you guys :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

If you believe that, you must have been watching a different game than the world's press and in fact, the rest of the world, or you are seriously delusional. ????

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Hammering you guys :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

If you believe that, you must have been watching a different game than the world's press and in fact, the rest of the wo rld, or you are seriously delusional. ????

I know, with Football and Rugby gone, you dread the day the French learn to play Cricket.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

They both have form for that.

Did you know there was a French Knight at King Arthur's round table?  Sir Render.....

• Haha 1