Anyone have snap-on dentures?

giddyup

I recently came across this website and they seem to have some very nice solution, to do a few implants aside of a permanent fixed denture. Check https://bfcdental.com/en/price/

I think the prices are very reasonable, they are also all inclusive, as it otherwise means multiple trips to abroad (the 250-300K package).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If one is as celibate as I, then there is no need for dentures.

Please elaborate, I fail to see the connection. Unless you are saying the food you cook for yourself is turned to mush.

In answer to your OP, yes I do. The attached denture was made for me at RAM Hospital in Chiang Mai about 9 years ago. An Australian dentist said it was very well made.

The small denture in the middle was the result of losing a tooth about 3 weeks ago. My financial choice was between getting the added denture for 800 baht, or shelling out 17,000 baht for root canal therapy and a crown.

denture.jpg

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please elaborate, I fail to see the connection. Unless you are saying the food you cook for yourself is turned to mush.

In answer to your OP, yes I do. The attached denture was made for me at RAM Hospital in Chiang Mai about 9 years ago. An Australian dentist said it was very well made.

The small denture in the middle was the result of losing a tooth about 3 weeks ago. My financial choice was between getting the added denture for 800 baht, or shelling out 17,000 baht for root canal therapy and a crown.

denture.jpg

Too much information. 

Just TOO MUCH to handle. 

What happened to you, anyway? 

Did somebody hit you with a 5 iron on the back 9? 

Let this be a lesson to all children. 

Your teeth will outlive you if you religiously practice recommended dental hygiene throughout your lives. 

Personally, I require two dental implants 

And, once I get the inplants, then I will purchase various colors of prosthetic teeth to attach to each inplant. 

Gold for China. 

White for America. 

Silver for the UK. 

Red for when I chew betelnuts. 

And, so on. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Too much information. 

Just TOO MUCH to handle. 

What happened to you, anyway? 

Did somebody hit you with a 5 iron on the back 9? 

I am of the generation that did not have fluoride in their diet, either added to drinking water or their food. Hence my mouth has financed the luxury vehicles of a succession of dentists.

Melbourne water supply is among the purest in the world. In my day, it was so pure it could be used to top up batteries, or in analytical chemistry test methods requiring distilled water. Too pure, actually.

My son was given fluoride in his diet as an infant. He has had two minor dental cavities in his entire life, with a terrible genetic inheritance w.r.to teeth on both sides. Anti-fluoride campaigners, don't let the door hit you in the a##e on the way out of this post.

As for the 5-iron on the back 9, I have not met anyone on a golf course that disliked me that badly, although AFAIK I have not played with any ASEAN posters yet.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am of the generation that did not have fluoride in their diet, either added to drinking water or their food. Hence my mouth has financed the luxury vehicles of a succession of dentists.

Melbourne water supply is among the purest in the world. In my day, it was so pure it could be used to top up batteries, or in analytical chemistry test methods requiring distilled water. Too pure, actually.

My son was given fluoride in his diet as an infant. He has had two minor dental cavities in his entire life, with a terrible genetic inheritance w.r.to teeth on both sides. Anti-fluoride campaigners, don't let the door hit you in the a##e on the way out of this post.

As for the 5-iron on the back 9, I have not met anyone on a golf course that disliked me that badly, although AFAIK I have not played with any ASEAN posters yet.

Well, then what is your opinion of contrails? 

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your comment is entirely correct about fluoridation, and people around the world should take heed. 

But, I also wonder what it is that makes people from Australia so even tempered, and likeable. 

Is it the pure water that you mentioned in your comment? 

A word to the wise about visiting some restaurants in China, namely a few I frequented at universities.

During just one semester, I fractured five teeth in China, eating at a university cafeteria.

a.  When the rice comes into the kitchen, the staff do not properly wash the rice.

b. Sometimes/fairly often, there exist small pebbles mixed in with the cooked rice.

c.  When you chomp down, hard, on a small pebble in your rice, you can be assured of fracturing a tooth.

d.  Obviously, biting down on pebbles cannot be good for dental prostheses, either.

e.  By the way, I must apologize for spelling the word inplant/implant, both ways.  The proper term is, of course, implant, obviously, because it is implanted in the bone.

f.  Just be careful when in China, or maybe other places, when eating suspect rice. Just one tiny pebble can fracture a tooth, and then cost you about....say....Bt.20,000, or more, depending.

g.  Feel free, while in Thailand, to eat as much rice as you want, without fear.  Thai cooks use properly sorted rice.  And they are careful when they wash the rice, as well.

h.  ALWAYS eat Jasmine Rice.  But, I would never eat the Jasmine Rice from India.  And, Champagne comes from only one place in France, too.

j.  I have heard that Xi might pass some law to rid Chinese rice of pebbles.  Edicts from Xi always turn out well.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

And had an apple a day also I hope

Yeah I was only saying brushing teeth after meals leads to a healthy mouth, I do realise people have accidents and problems I have been lucky I guess, only two back teeth gone at 75 years old. 

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Your comment is entirely correct about fluoridation, and people around the world should take heed. 

But, I also wonder what it is that makes people from Australia so even tempered, and likeable. 

Is it the pure water that you mentioned in your comment? 

You are giving me too much credit, I am quite short-tempered with some posters.

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I was only saying brushing teeth after meals leads to a healthy mouth, I do realise people have accidents and problems I have been lucky I guess, only two back teeth gone at 75 years old. 

That's excellent, wish I was so lucky.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Neigh! 

Exceedingly even tempered, I know. 

Now, please open your mouth so we all can calculate your worth. 

Take care, my friend! 

Alas, gold and amalgam have been replaced by UV-cured polymers, and I don't have a silver tongue either.

You take care too.