e-scooters

doctormann

Its interesting to see whats out there...

The main concern with the 'stand up scooter'  (as the Op posted) is the tiny wheels... 

Surely its too easy to come a cropper on some bump, especially if planning to ride from the pub... and the chances of the Op not wearing a helmet in that scenario are much smaller too...

If riding back sois etc - I think the best options are those Khun LA posted...   

Just a standard electric scooter... I'm I'm not mistaken they are legal on Sub Sois and minor roads (although thats quite a grey area).

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:37 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

I saw the EM5 model in Home Pro on sale for 27,000 baht. I think it is perfect for running around the town using back alleys only, provided it does not need a motorcycle driving license or a registration. Does it?

We ended up buying the EM3 from Homepro.  It was discounted to 18,000 THB.  She never uses it 😁

But I found it surprisingly handy for short trips when it wouldn't be worth using the real motorbike.  It's 0-10 KPH acceleration would rival a big bike, then it runs out of puff and eventually tops out at 30 KPH, which seems to be regulated, as even crouching low and riding down a very steep hill it will not go past 30 KPH.

It has pedals, so I guess needs no licence, although I do have a bike licence anyway.

The lithium battery has a claimed range of 40km .... but 20km seems more realistic (at max speed everywhere 😁) and the charge/fuel guage is useless as it shows full for 19.9km, then suddenly goes red and I have to pedal home.

Suspension is supermarket bicycle pogo-stick quality, brakes are drum, but sufficient, LED lights are good, basket is handy - but it's really only good for very local trips and needs changing regularly.

• Thanks 1